Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zecieo1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2016
So I have a I phone 6 had it about year and a half and recently it has a problem with charging where when i put the lightning cable in (i have 3 different chords) it doesnt charge or even say its plugged in but if i twist the chord right and stuff eventually it will recognize its plugged in and charge. well today i was out and completely killed my battery to the red screen but now it always recognizes that it is plugged in but wont charge and since its always saying its plugged in i cant find that weird angle of where it actually charges... help ive been sitting here all night...

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Have you tried blowing some compressed air into the Lightning port and/or using a clean, small non-metallic brush to see if there's something (like lint) stuck in there?

If your Lightning port is damaged you'll need to get it repaired.

iThingsGurl

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2014
Canada
Have you tried blowing some compressed air into the Lightning port and/or using a clean, small non-metallic brush to see if there's something (like lint) stuck in there?

If your Lightning port is damaged you'll need to get it repaired.

I second that! You likely have debris collected inside your lighting port. What Brian said will do the job for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.