I phone in RM not starting since changed baseband 06.15

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by imraniqbal, Dec 9, 2010.

1. imraniqbal macrumors newbie

I upgraded my baseband 6.15 on 4.2.1 iphone 3gs so that I can unlock it to any network. But then Cydia was not working so I thought I reinstall it. I connect to iTunes and clicked on Restore, since then it is in RM, when I restore it stops in middle and an error occurs. Can any one tell me what to do? I tried again and again but it does not get out of recovery mode. I'll be very thankful if you can help me to solve this problem.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You obviously did not read the warning about the implications of upgrading to the IPAD baseband. One of those would have told you that you can never restore your phone normally through Itunes again.

The only way you can restore is with a custom firmware made with Pwnage tool.

You can probably recover your phone by rerunning redsnOw but if you do need to do a restore you need a MAC, and pwnage tool to create and restore to the custom firmware.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

It should be pointed out that technically all he needs is the custom firmware; he can do the restore on any computer. Your answer is otherwise right on the money.