i phone problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spunkymunky88, Jul 6, 2012.

1. spunkymunky88 macrumors newbie

i was riding on my motorbike today and the rain has been really bad my phone got wet in my pocket when i try turn it on it shows the apple logo for ages and dont come on if it comes on most of the time it goes in to the voice control i got it on this other time and i went in my messages and the home button wouldnt work to go back to the main menu and when i plug my charger in it shows the data cable on the screen and the i tunes logo

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So it means that it got water damaged.
    Not much you can do when electronics get in contact with liquids they get shorted out.
    Next time be more carefull.

3. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

man when it gets wet ur not supposed to open it. ur suppose to keep it off, dry it prfectly before pressing any thing to launch it.
    some people tried putting it in rice to get the water absorbed from it, and heard of others using blow driers :p

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

When a phone gets wet opening it up may be the only way to get all of the moisture out of it. I fixed my sister's water-damaged-phone by taking it apart and putting each part in a bowl of rice :)

5. juniemil macrumors newbie

I ran into a similar problem with my sons iPod touch. He dropped it in a bucket of water. There is a water detection tab in the bottom of the headphone jack. Use a flashlight and take a look, if it is pink it is still wet. I turned it off and put it in a baggie of rice. Shaking it around every day. Once the tab was all white again I turned it back on with no issues. It took quite a while, as I recall it was almost two weeks.

6. MNFL macrumors member

MNFL

oh yea that's wise
    but what I meant is, turning the device On. sorry bad phrasing