I Photo Attachment Issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mgall08, Oct 9, 2010.

1. mgall08 macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2010
    I am sure this is a rookie question but here goes... I am new to MAC.
    When I attach or upload to a website for that matter, a photo here is what happens.

When I attach it shows all of my events as little thumbnails, I have almost 50 events or more, HOW DO I KNOW where my picture is when all I see is the cover picture of the event as a thumbnail?? The events aren't labeled so I have to click in each event and search... I am hoping there is an easier way to find the pic or pics I want.

Any ideas?? Thanks
  2. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Define event. If by event you mean photograph, then you are worried about nothing. By default, Mail displays inline any attachment that it understands. To the recipient, however, it is a standard attachment.

That said, you should clarify the issue about uploading to a website. You FTP files to websites. You can't email files to websites unless the website has some special automated mechanism to handle the emails.
  3. mgall08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2010
    I Photo

I probably did a poor job of explaining my problem.

Lets say I am sending an email and want to attach a photo to an email, doing this in the Apple Mail app, when i hit attach I then select photos from the media section of the attachment pop up window, when I do this it displays all of my events in Iphoto.

My understanding of an event is a group of pictures almost like an album. The problem is when I am looking for a specific picture within possibly 50 - 70 events it is extremely hard to find this picture. The events aren't even labeled? The event is shown as a thumbnail of one picture in the event.

The same goes for when I am uploading a photo to a website the selection process is the same.