I-Photo backup

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dale124, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Dale124 macrumors member

Hi, fellow mac people. I am trying to backup my Iphoto library before I install
    Snow Leopard (just in case). I do have time machine backing up my stuff also, but, I'd feel more comfortable if I could burn a DVD with my backup of Iphoto.
    Anyway, when I go to the "pictures" folder of finder, and select the I photo library, I then click on "copy Iphoto library", but nothing seems to happen. I was expecting some new window to open to ask me where I'd like to copy it to, but got nothing. So, I then thought that I'd first insert a blank DVD and then select " copy library", but still nothing.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Also, does anyone know the difference between "copy" and "duplicate", because they are both options in this area.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dale.

2. uberboe macrumors newbie

After you click copy you must then open up the DVD folder and right click then paste.

3. Dale124 thread starter macrumors member

4. Dale124 thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, people, but I need to ask another question. I've copied the "I-photo library" in my "pictures" folder, then paste it into the dvd icon on my desktop, but it only seems to copy the shortcut to the pictures. When I click on the dvd icon, it comes up with the "I photo" folder, but nothing is inside. Do I need to highlight all my pictures and copy them to the dvd, or is there a simpler way to do this?

5. Dale124 thread starter macrumors member

Please, help a poor, unfortunate lad.:(