I picked up a cheap Chomebook plus today

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Mar 31, 2017.

1. mclld, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017

mclld macrumors 68020

This thing is nice, so far the only thing I am not liking is the keyboard is not back lit and I find I have to click on the trackpad more than once sometimes, like it doesnt register a click when I am on a link or whatever. If anyone has any questions let me know and I can try my best to answer. I got this for $250 off craigslist, the guy was short money for a bill and needed it asap so lucky me!

2. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

How is writing and drawing on it? Does pressure sensitivity work on apps like that are not by Samsung?

3. mclld thread starter macrumors 68020

What app would you like me to try? I havent used the pen but can test it
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2017 ---
    I just tried the default note app an it didn seem to make a difference between putting more pressure or not

4. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Really? that's a shame. There is also a default Samsung android app that it should work on (10:18 in the video). That's why i was wondering if any other apps support it.
    Thanks for checking.

5. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

6. DoctorDoctor Suspended

I returned mine. The performance of the ARM processor was just too sluggish. Scrolling a webpage with all of the jerky motion and hesitation was horrible. Waiting to see what the Pro version has to offer except I think Google is having a hard time getting Android apps to run reliably on Intel chips.