I played a rotten prank and it worked so well! (Share your pranks!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrono1081, Dec 16, 2011.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

So....

I went to my parents house tonight and the downstairs was torn apart. The vacuum was out, there was bug spray, all the furniture was moved. I asked what was going on and my Mom told me for the past few days she kept hearing some cricket. She already bug sprayed the downstairs multiple times, she had the vacuum out vacuuming all crevices to see if she could catch the cricket, and she planned on bombing the house after New Years if she couldn't get rid of it. Apparently this had been going on for a few days and she tore the house apart a few times.

Anyway she also mentioned these weird beeps that she can't pinpoint and she started timing them but they'd come at random intervals so she couldn't sit and listen for them.

I tried to play it off as maybe the battery in the UPS was dying but then I couldn't keep a straight face and busted out laughing.

Days earlier while they were down south I planted one of these gems in the box of ornaments:

ThinkGeek Tannen-bomb

When she and my Dad came home and decorated the tree, the nefarious ornament was hung, activating it.

It worked so well!!!

I felt a little tiny bit bad for all of the furniture moving, bug spraying, etc but it was priceless :p My Mom liked the prank so much she ordered some Tannen-bombs of her own to give out as gifts.

I have more pranks but I'll save them if/when this thread gets longer. Have you played any pranks lately? If so what are they?

2. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

Wrote a form with PHP that allows you to send emails to whoever you want with one caveat: It changes your "from email address" to appear as if it's coming from any email address that you set.

For example, I can send an email to my peers from "expulsion@[schoolnamehere].com" and say they were caught doing drugs or whatever.

Of course, if one was smart enough, he could check the Full Email Headers and find that it's coming from my server, but the average person just freaks out.

3. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

I blindfolded a bunch of kids and made them make-out with their parents. Bonus points for stuff like groping butts. It was hilarious!

Oh wait, that's not a prank, that's just sick. ಠ_ಠ

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I see what you did there.

You should probably point out that it happened in real life otherwise people will think you're, erm, special. ;)

5. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

Fair enough.

Context of the comment.

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Give it a rest, unless you want this thread to be moved too.

It was in a group setting, and they can laugh about it, as a group.

It only when others meddle that they can get ****ed-up, and need life-long counselling.

8. AdrianK, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

AdrianK macrumors 68020

Give what a rest? I don't remember causing any threads to be moved...

EDIT: Oh, I didn't realise that you didn't mean me personally.

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

He means give the discussion of that particular prank a rest, lest this fun thread be moved to PRSI.

If you want to talk about that prank and you have enough posts/time to get in then there is a thread in the PRSI about it here.

10. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

at work I flipped my coworkers windows laptop computer screen upside (using the special keyboard command) and then I left for a 4 hour meeting. I come back and he isn't there. The next day he tells me about it and how his computer screen is flipped around and how he called tech support and they couldn't figure out how to fix it :p. soon everyone was doing it to each other in the office as it caught fire :D

11. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

I used to mix my semen into the ketchup when I worked at McDonald's. It was a hoot watching everyone eat.

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Displaying a little anger there, were you?? :p

You needed to be confined to a choke-n-puke with little packets of ketchup.

13. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

How old are you??

Because if you are more than 12 or 13 - seek help.

BTW - isn't the ketchup at McDonald in sealed packets?

Edit: You got there before me again, iJohn. Pretty quick for an older gentleman.:D

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I suspect older, because lying about his age just would not work!!

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

is that the reason you eat so much take-out now?

my prank was pulled on me by some co-workers ... they took my car keys and moved my car to the lot behind ours ... when I left work I noticed right away ... however the other lot was fenced and I had to walk 1/2 mile around the block to get to my car ... never left my keys laying around after that.

16. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Not really a prank, but in order to creep out one of our classmates, we defaced a white board and wrote his details on it (full name, full address, etc). He completely flipped out and accused the teacher of doing it o_O

17. chrono1081, Dec 18, 2011

chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Speaking of keys....

We used to freeze co-workers keys in giant blocks of ice at work. This was years ago before everyone had electric doo-dads on their keys to open their cars with but it was a great prank.

Another one I did is a bit lengthy, but it was good.

A friend of mine and I were in the Army and deployed to Kuwait. Not many people back then had a laptop (including him) so he had me burn some pictures of his R and R to a disk for him.

Anyway, I obviously saw these pictures since I imported them on my computer and in these pictures I found three pics of him sitting in a heart shaped hot tub blowing bubbles at the camera. It was priceless! (especially since he was the macho manly type) I didn't let him know I saw the pics and took them, made an animated GIF out of them and set them as his AOL Instant Messenger buddy icon. (He used my computer for AIM and his password was stored on it, so I was able to log in and set the icon. )

Now, this was back in the day when you couldn't see your own buddy icon but everyone who messaged you could see it. Needless to say he asked to borrow my laptop, and took it to the AAFES internet cafe on our camp to chat with friends and family. 30 minutes later he came back to the tent with the laptop and an "I'm going to kill you" look on his face. Needless to say his girlfriend (who the pics were meant for), his sister, his parents and grandparents, his brother, and his friends all saw the animated icon of him blowing bubbles at the camera :D:D:D:D

Needless to say he was extremely embarrassed!

He got me back good though. While I was sleeping one night I woke up and felt a burning..."down there" and smelled peppermint. I freaked out, ran to the shower trailer and tried to hose off what I at first thought was toothpaste or something, but it turned out it was icy hot. Water made it MUCH worse!!!

Needless to say as I was scrubbing away in pain I hear the shower trailer door open and a slow laugh from my friend. All he said was "payback is a bitch" and left lol. While I was sleeping he squeezed an entire tube of icy hot through the slit in my boxers. I suppose I deserved it but o...m...g... did it hurt!

18. pellets007, Dec 18, 2011

pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I put a couple of those feeder goldfish (i.e. tank bait) in a bathroom sink at school. Took the administration several hours to figure out what to do with them.

They survived, surprisingly.

19. toolbox, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Swapped the sugar at work with salt, the tea and coffee didn't taste to well LoL, put someones glasses in a freezer bag and put it in the water cooler at work, duct tapped some ones iPhone to the roof for leaving it lying around.

20. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I did this with the Arrowhead water cooler at work. Word to the wise: Put a mesh screen around the neck of the bottle because otherwise the fish will swim down into the reservoir out of sight and much of the prank's value will be lost.

21. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

on april 1st of last years i swapped the sims of my parents iPhones :p