Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stabtrim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
UK
I am a new mac user and have just bought a 40G G4 ipod. At the moment I have itunes on my PC which has a 200G drive with my music on it approx 30G. I also have some songs on my G4 ibook.So here is the question at the moment I am able to use both library's via an Airport extream wireless network. I would like to use all the features of my ipod and imac ie calender etc. how do i import my songs from my PC accross the network? I hope someone can help with this.

stabtrim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
UK
Wes thanks for the response, but I dont think that it answers my question.
I already have my ibook talking to my pc over the airport extream. and can share i tunes between them. But I want to put the music that is on my pc onto my new ipod with the ipod connected to my ibook. Or did I miss something in your reply. stabtrim

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I didn't think there was much to miss :p. If you have them connected, just get the music off your PC copy it onto the mac and import it to iTunes. Is your issue in the method of transfering? Finding the music stored on the PC etc?

stabtrim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
UK
Wes,thanks for putting up with what may look like a daft question. Sorry but new to apple and not to hot on a pc I have to start somewhere. Yes I guess the question is how do I copy the music over to my ibook from my pc I can always delete it later as I dont want to fill it up with mp3s thats why I bought the ipod. So I would like know where the music is stored on the PC and how to import that to itunes on the laptop over the airport network. stabtrim

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Well if your iTunes library is 'consolodated' on your PC, all the music files are here:

YourUserFolder > MyMusic > iTunes >Itunes Music

...the names might be slightly different. If they aren't there, you can figure out where they are by selecting a song in iTunes and hitting 'control+i', (or is it option+i?) one of those, or just choose 'get info' from the drop down, and the window will display the folder location of your music.

So on your Mac, you can just do 'Add to library' and navigate to those files...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.