I-Pod Touch Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kanye, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Kanye macrumors newbie

I recently had my birthday and am looking to get a Touch. But I have a few questions. Help me out here, Im not a tech guy,

I dont have wirelesss internet, but if I get the Touch I need it(internet is big for me). Couldnt I buy a wireless router and hook it up to my modem to hav internet? Someone told me but Im not sure.

How much can the 8GB Touch hold? Im not a 1500 song kind of guy. I like songs, movies, and videos. What about a 16GB?

Im confused about Wi-fi. If I go to school could I have internet? Or does it depend? What about just some random place? Do I just go to Safari and browse the internet? What would I need to do?

Sorry, for all the questions, but Im seriously considering getting this.

2. ndheah macrumors regular

Wifi - If your surrounding area has an open WiFi connection you can connection.
    Music Space - This does not take up a lot of room, I have the 8GB, but I manage my music and video and podcasts, so I never run out of room.
    If you have internet right now, buy a wireless router and then you will be able to connect your iPod.

3. Kanye thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.

How much songs/videos/podcasts do u have?

4. Kanye thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, didn't know that I would get such a great response. Guys slow down with the comments, I cant keep up.

5. radiohed macrumors regular

You would be able to access the internet where there is free wifi available. More and more places are offering free wifi.

I have an 8gig touch and I have 1200 songs, a movie, about 8 music videos, and around 1200 photos stored on it, so you might be happy :)with the 8gig unless you want to store a lot of movies.

You will enjoy your touch. Make sure you get the newest version that already includes the 5 new applications (mail, maps, stocks, weather). The touch is so much more than a music player. You will enjoy it for sure. :D

6. smt1192 macrumors regular

All of your questions besides the tethering to a modem can be answered on apple.com.