Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
i have a ipod nano 2nd gen

i have been looking about on youtube and google and it seems like a lot of ppl get this ans guess what .. ive got it :eek:

i have my serial number for the i pod and i have tried to get a ring back from apple but they say they only ring the u.s when i emailed the uk branch i have emailed apple and they have said they cant do anything because i have had it for to long

i have tried to hold the menu button and do the thing with the lock thing at the top of the i pod but when i reset it the i pod turns of and comes back on but still a white screen

i can listen to music and everything it works fine music wise just the white screen .. cant tell what im listening to

was j.w if any can help ?? or give me advice

p.s i have even emailed apple and asked them how much it would cost them to look at it and they said they wont ( bit silly )

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
i have a ipod nano 2nd gen

i have been looking about on youtube and google and it seems like a lot of ppl get this ans guess what .. ive got it :eek:

i have my serial number for the i pod and i have tried to get a ring back from apple but they say they only ring the u.s when i emailed the uk branch i have emailed apple and they have said they cant do anything because i have had it for to long

i have tried to hold the menu button and do the thing with the lock thing at the top of the i pod but when i reset it the i pod turns of and comes back on but still a white screen

i can listen to music and everything it works fine music wise just the white screen .. cant tell what im listening to

was j.w if any can help ?? or give me advice

Can you connect it to iTunes?

nick1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Can you connect it to iTunes?

yes i have clicks , help, run diagnosis test and the test says there is nothing wrong with it

i have tried to click restore has well which hasn't worked

so i guess that rules out what you wanted to do lol

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
yes i have clicks , help, run diagnosis test and the test says there is nothing wrong with it

i have tried to click restore has well which hasn't worked

If you cannot restore, then your only choice to go with is a bad screen. And since Apple says they will not repair, sorry.

nick1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
If you cannot restore, then your only choice to go with is a bad screen. And since Apple says they will not repair, sorry.

i can click restore but the white screen doesn't go

i have seen i pods ran over by a lorry and the screen still works ( youtube )

how can the screen just go by siting on my desk ?
if it has gone the apple has made a really rubbish i pod :D
if there i pods break by them self

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
i can click restore but the white screen doesn't go

i have seen i pods ran over by a lorry and the screen still works ( youtube )

how can the screen just go by siting on my desk ?
if it has gone the apple has made a really rubbish i pod :D
if there i pods break by them self

Well, you could try to run the battery and see if that works.

nick1200

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
That is what I meant. Let the battery drain and charge it. I am out of ideas:eek:

lol just dont get how a i pod screen can turn white like if i kicked it or put it in water then ya i could understand but siting on a desk ? bit silly if the screen has gone lol

i just thought it mite be the " white death screen "

but cant be can it ? if the music is playing and everything ive done dont get rid lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.