Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 11, 2005
...that next Monday will feel like the longest day.

I've had a Rev A. G4 PowerMac for 6 1/2 years and decided to get a new Mac this summer. I figured June-July around my birthday I would treat myself. Then they pushed back WWDC. So the last few weeks has been going by sooo slowly. I can just see this week and weekend getting unbearably slow till Monday brings it all to a virtual stop. Of course everyone is saying that Tuesday won't bring much more than a Leopard preview and Mac Pros and that we may be lucky to get revisions to the iMacs, MacBooks, and Minis at Paris. Even then the Mini will only get a slightly faster Yonah, and still only have 64mb shared video. So I guess I have to hope that WWDC brings a $1400-$1800 mid-tower with expandability, dedicated graphics, etc. for those of us reluctant to go down the all-in-one road.

I just want my new Mac already!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I doubt we'll see that mid-range tower, but it would be nice. Maybe they'll shock us all and provide a mini with a GPU option. :cool:

I can live in hope, right? :p

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
No worries, it's 1:18am here, I'm on mental dial-up at the moment. ;)

Yeah, I don't think we'll see the mid-range tower for a fair bit, like maybe holiday season. Of course, I know nothing of the market.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
My predictions:
A Mac Pro with Yonah chips,
An upgraded blackbook (they are being pushed on the UK refurb store loads)
Upgraded minis
Leopard preview (already confirmed)
And possible small speed changes to the imac and macbook pros.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
®îçhå®? said:
My predictions:
A Mac Pro with Yonah chips,

Er, no...

Woodcrest yes, but Yonah? You want professional Macs desktops based on now-outdated mobile processors?

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
Chundles said:
Er, no...

Woodcrest yes, but Yonah? You want professional Macs desktops based on now-outdated mobile processors?
Yeah sorry. I'm very tired. Just got back from the lake district and am going to crash out soon but i needed to check the site. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.