I prefer the flat back on the 1st gen iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by livingonvideo13, Jul 9, 2009.

1. livingonvideo13 macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

I upgraded to the 3Gs from 1st gen iphone. I have to say that I like the flat back of the 1st iphone better. I use many apps where I set my iphone on the table in front of me and use both my index fingers (can't use both of your index fingers while holding it). The curve of the 3g/3gs makes my iphone rock and and forth now like a rocking chair which is very annoying and I have had to change how I operated my iphone now.

Anybody else have similar feelings?

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Hmm. I see your point, but there are cases that make the back of the phone almost flat. My incase slider does that kind of. It would be nice if it were flat, but I'd have mixed feelings. I like the curved back when its in my hand, like it usually is, but on a table I would like it flat...hmm. Mixed feelings indeed.

What apps are you using that the cuved back become an issue?

3. livingonvideo13 thread starter macrumors regular

livingonvideo13

Mostly just "fun" apps like Piano, kanondrums (which requires multiple fingers), and a few games.

It is not a HUGE deal but I was use to using my iphone a certain way.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I agree. Apparently my (and a few others') 3GS has an aberrance that causes the back to be flatter than usual (top to bottom, not side to side) and I initially thought it was a feature until forum users went all "Spaz" on me. It's obviously due to the manufacturing tolerance variation.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Along those lines I do like the 'heft' and build quality of the first generation.

Place all the excellent qualities of the 3G S into the first generation case and that would be a great alternative.

6. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

They just need to make a flatter matte black backing for the next iPhone. And a front facing camera!