I pulled the trigger.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by seniorgeek, Jul 23, 2011.

1. seniorgeek macrumors member

I ordered my new Imac today, my first Mac computer. I am still not sure why I did, my self built 3 year old pc with Vista works great for my music and photos and website design work. I guess I just wanted a change and to try OSX. I ordered the base model with a wired keyboard and the Trackpad, I didn't think I would like the Magic Mouse and will probably use my current Logitech mouse that I like.

I intend to use the Imac mainly for my music collection and my images which I edit and organize with Lightroom 3.

I will also use the Imac for everything else except the website stuff, I am the webmaster for the Southern Arizona Hiking Club and utililize Blogengine and Visual Web Developer ( open source software provided by Microsoft), I use Microsoft Access for several small databases and can interface them with VWD.

I am excited to learn about OSX and look forward to hanging out here.

2. marsmissions macrumors 6502

marsmissions

Have fun! Lr3 is excellent on the iMac! I run it on last years upgraded 21 inch! It's wonderul for photo editing. Make sure you turn the brightness down halfway about. Or you photos will appear underexposed when printed!

3. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I pulled the trigger this morning on a 27" 2.7GHz i5! This will by my first iMac. I've been rocking the MBP (my first Mac) for about a year now. I was nervous making the PC to Mac switch at that time because we were a PC family. It's taken almost a year...but we are almost entirely converted over to Mac! Hopefully that says something about my Mac experience! I'll never go back to PC.

My usage is: Internet, documents, iTunes & light video editing. This machine will be overkill, but should last us a long while!

Mine arrives on the 27th...hope you enjoy yours as much as I know I'll enjoy mine!

4. Dnix macrumors 6502

Congrats, dudes! I think as you use the OS more, you will start to get hooked. There's no turning back. ;)

I was a PC guy myself. I still use different systems. But at the time, I was trying to use Linux as my "main" system. Everything I basically did to it, was to make it look and act like a Mac. So one day I decided, why not just get a Mac? I fell in love, and I wouldn't use any other OS as my personal desktop.

Can't say I hate the beautiful, stylish hardware either...

5. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Thanks!

I just like how simple Apple makes everything. From home networking to sharing content, etc. The fluidity of their devices is tremendous. I've been eye-ing an iMac for about 6 months. Now that they've been upgraded and our desktop PC started getting so slow, the wife said to get a Mac! :)

6. Dnix macrumors 6502

Fluid and seamless....that is the Apple experience. Welcome to the cult, haha. :)

7. mac-ho macrumors member

If you have problems, just come here, and be totally confused!!