I purchased an iPad 30 days ago

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Baf110, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Baf110 macrumors newbie

I purchased an iPad from an AT&T retail store 30 days ago from today. AT&T only has a 14-day return policy. Any recommendations for returning this iPad to try and get the new one? I don't care about the re-stocking fee, just hoping to get it returned and get the new one.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You can go back to at&t and ask. I wouldn't expect them to take it back, but they might.

3. iFanboy Guest

Why SHOULD they take it back? They sold you the product you asked for at a proper price and it works as designed and until this morning you were happy and enjoying it.

Just because a massively updated model that few knew was coming was just announced, doesn't affect your transaction with AT&T in the slightest.

Please step away from your self created reality distortion field.

4. Baf110 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not expecting anything, just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there in a similar position and if they have taken any steps to resolve the issue.

5. iFanboy Guest

WHAT ISSUE? THERE IS NOTHING TO RESOLVE.

I'm seriously concerned by the sense of entitlement on these forums.

6. richpuer macrumors 6502

+1 this. just keep it and live with it. suck it up

7. Baf110 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you need me to lay out the issue? The issue is that I purchased an iPad 30 days ago and many stores offer 30-day return policies on such items. Unfortunately I purchased it from an AT&T retail store which has a 14-day return policy. Today, Apple announced a new iPad. So I was wondering if anyone has reached out to an AT&T store and been successful in initiating a return. Like I said, I expect nothing from AT&T or Apple, I was simply looking for information. I do not believe I am entitled to a return simply because Apple released a new product. Just gathering information, that's all.

8. Baf110 thread starter macrumors newbie

For anyone interested, this issue has been resolved. After jumping through some hurdles, I was able to speak to an upper-level AT&T manager who gladly returned my iPad. I informed him that the Apple store was accepting returns provided the iPad purchase was within the past 30 days and asked if they would extend the same offer. Without hesitation the iPad was returned. Best of luck to anyone else and I hope this helps.

9. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Nice, Good for you. Some people have weird views here. You bought an iPad 30 days ago that now isn't being sold anymore. Anyone here in that situation would want to return it and get a new one for the same price. He just wants more bang for his buck. I would too.

10. WakeUpDrunk, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

WakeUpDrunk macrumors member

Did you happen to pay with a credit card?

I know my Chase Freedom has Return Protection

Sorry I just read your new post. Good for you.

11. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

I'm glad to hear it was returned. I can see why you wanted to return it with the announcements of today's product updates. I returned my iPad 3 as well because I was within the 30 day time frame. It was worth your time to get it returned since you had just bought the iPad 3 in the past month.

12. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i know man people flaming him like he bought the ipad 6 months ago and expects a return today.

13. Baf110 thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly. Thanks for the support everyone, I didn't think I was crazy asking this pretty simple question.