I Quit.. Help Please??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by LuisT, Mar 9, 2008.

1. LuisT macrumors newbie

Gosh I quit.. I can't this freakin jailbreak to work :( I just got an ipod touch 8g today with the Jan update.. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN GET THIS THING TO JAILBREAK. I keep freakin getting the BPS Error or whatever that error is!! I am using a ibook G4 on Itune 7 :( I really really need your help!!! I triped ziphone many and many of times and it still doesn't work and I really want it to be jailbroken. I am on a 1.1.4 firmware!! Someone please help!!!

-Luis :(

2. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

what happens when you use ziphone. . .i just jailbroke my ipod touch 2 days ago in less than 3 minutes with ziphone

3. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

I get the freakin BSD error.. =/

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

What version of iTunes? I heard you had to use a previous version.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

6. captnmorgan macrumors newbie

this works and will give you a 1.1.3, but unfortunately there was not REAL 1.1.4 soft upgrade, all the soft upgrade to 1.1.4 was take the 1.1.4 firmware and replace the same exact files as the 1.1.3 on the 1.1.2, and since the 1.1.3 fixes are in the 1.1.4 as well as more that came with the 1.1.4 upgrade, replacing the same files 1.1.3 replaced (using the 1.1.4 firmware) is not enough to actually give you 1.1.4 because key bug fixes of 1.1.4 (the maing purpose of 1.1.4) were not in the script (the same exact script is used for the 1.1.3/4 soft upgrades) of the 1.1.3 soft upgrade such as the increased caching abilities of safari, etc these are not implemented in the 1.1.4 soft upgrade therefore you are basically getting a 1.1.3 that says its a 1.1.4. if you want you can go in and edit the firware version file on your ipod touch and change that 3 to a 4 thats the only difference between the soft upgrade of 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 . the ziphone on the otherhand produces a real 1.1.4 jailbreak

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have always trusted ipodtouchmaster so I never really questioned it, I knew that the 1.1.4 "jailbreak" was really a soft upgrade but I had not heard of a proper jailbreak.

I was under the impression that all 1.1.4 "jailbreaks" were just the same soft upgrade but obviously done in a different way with each method so I never knew. I have stayed away from ziphone as I was not sure if it used the iPhone's firmware or you had the option to use iPod firmware with it also. I heard about zitouch that was due to be release so I was going to look out for that one. and ijailbreak I have never really liked as I tried it a couple times and found it failed on me when I just got bored and wanted to test it lol

8. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

uhm.. I don't know what u guys are talking about.. Is there a way where I can downgrade my itunes to 7.5 since I have 7.6.1

-Luis

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

10. LuisT thread starter macrumors newbie

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1