All iPads I Quite Like the Air....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleRocks2011, Nov 4, 2013.

1. AppleRocks2011 macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

I upgraded from a 64GB iPad 2 to a 128GB iPad Air. I love the Retina Display and the speed boost. iOS 7 is glitchy, and I think that's what makes the iPad Air seem slow because of the way the OS stutters sometimes.

The only complaint I have Is the screen tint issue. Otherwise, I love my iPad air. I think the weight is awesome and the performance is super fast. I play a game a called Infinite Flight, which runs beautifully on the iPad.

What are your thoughts on the iPad Air?

2. JGWolven macrumors regular

3. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Having had every iPad at launch besides the fourth generation I feel that I have a good base for comparison. I honestly think this, the iPad air, is the best yet. I feel the quality and design is superb and the new iOS really sets it apart. It feels like the iPad and iOS have matured for the better.

4. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I've owned the same iPads as you and I totally agree. iOS 7 could use a little optimizing. But otherwise this is the best update since iPad 1 to 2. What's best is that we haven't even seen the full potential of this thing yet. Wait til the 64 bit apps start rolling out!

5. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Exchange it at the Apple Store. You have a defective iPad Air.

6. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I'm in the same spot and I agree wholeheartedly. I loved, and bought, every iPad on launch day too, except the 4th, and this is the best yet.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Gotta agree with all of you and with the OP of course. Also had all the iPads except the 4th, but had the mini instead. While the weight on the mini was no short of amazing, the new size and weight of the Air is so close to the mini, that the larger sized screen easily outweighs that benefit.

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I just picked up my air from the apple store about two hours ago and so far I love it. It's insanely light and comfortable to hold in my hands.

9. AppleRocks2011 thread starter macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

The left side of the screen has a slight yellow-ish tint. It's weird - I went to exchange it, and I opened 4 iPads and they all had the same issue. It's a minor, yet annoying issue.

However, this does not inhibit the functionality of the iPad.

----------

Hey there! I did go to exchange it - all 4 that I opened had the same issue. I even went to different stores.

10. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I Quite Like the Air....

I also had the mini as well and I completely agree. When I went to buy the Air I had a 3rd generation iPad and a mini, after using the Air I'm sold and the other two are out the door. While the mini was remarkable in comparison to the older generation iPads the Air is really only slightly larger and is really worth the larger screen size for only a small increase in price vs the retina mini.

11. Tony78228 macrumors regular

Tony78228

I'm very happy with it. I had an iPad 3, and I notice the quickness, and the second I took it out of the box, I felt how light it felt.

12. WilliamG macrumors 604

Don't listen to anyone about this. They just don't notice. They all have a tint to *some* degree.

13. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Having had every iPad, I can truly appreciate the hybrid the air is. Light to hold for prolonged periods without fatigue but large enough to view things easier. The only way to improve is to make it lighter and faster, I really do love the new form factor though.

14. Macalway macrumors 68000

The Ipad Air is probably going to finally make me ditch the lappy

I just never use it. Not easy :eek:

15. AppleRocks2011 thread starter macrumors member

AppleRocks2011

Haha, thanks for that - I'm glad someone understands!

16. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

My poor "lappy" has not seen daylight is years. The iPad and desktop are all I need!

17. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I've had the iPad 1 (which I traded in yesterday at Target to get my wife a 16GB Air), still have the iPad mini and have a 32GB Air I got from Best Buy on Friday. IMO this is about as perfect a tablet as you could ask for. The screen is beautiful and it blows away my mini (and of course my old 1) speed wise. Frankly I can't imagine what else Apple could do to make me want to upgrade in the next few years.