I randomly get the no Sim Card message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TheCheapGeek, Dec 30, 2009.

1. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I have a 16GB 3GS that has not been jailbroken or unlocked ever. Occasionally I look at my phone and see the no sim message when there is a valid sim in the phone. Nothing will fix except for popping the sim and putting it back in. Airplane mode or a reboot wont fix it. Is this is a phone issue or a sim card issue.

Another issue that may be related, I have great ATT service where I love but at my office I have 4 to 5 bars but get excruciatingly slow performance including failed sms messages, but at home I have the same bars, but speeds are great. Could this be related to a flaky sim card or do I need a new phone?

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

Sounds like the sim card maybe sliding in the tray when it is in the phone. I would take it to an apple store and they can probably replace the phone or replace the sim tray.

3. stu212 macrumors member

I had this problem, one of the little gold connectors that connect with the sim is damaged bent or broken off.