I rather have a new iPod... iPhone gets too much showtime.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cosmo modo, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Cosmo modo macrumors member

Ok, don't get me wrong i really like to iPhone.

It looks like a brilliant phone BUT thanks to it we still don't have Leopard and i am waiting for a widescreen iPod way too long now.

iPhone is getting a bit annoying to me to be honest.

Anyone else shares my opinion?

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

did you change the heading? i swear it read something different just a second ago. It's too early for you to be messing with my head...

I spose they have a contractual obligation to get the iPhone out on time, whereas they'll just irritate their customers by making them wait for Leo and the iPod.

I couldn't give a rats back end about the iPhone, because i have a phone, the iPhone cost more than i can afford, and even if i saved up enough to get it, it would be a wast of my money because i wouldn't use half the stuff on it.

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I'd rather have an 80g harddrive on the iPhone so it would be my iPhone and iPod! :D

If I get one, I'm sure I can manage a few gigs of music for my taste.

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I'm in your position too...and won't be able to use the iPhone until Q3 :(

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

I am not in the market for a phone, any phone. So, this is all lost on me. Yet, it is nearly impossible to escape the attention this thing has generated. One of our executive managers recently asked me what my iPhone strategy for the company was. He seemed crestfallen when I explained we did not have one, and developing one was not even on the radar screen.

You can read on this forum, "I hate the iPhone", "I love the iPhone", and the little darling has not even been released! I wish everyone would just chill a bit and let the wheels of time grind on. However, that is probably wishing for too much. There are some people/groups, which would love to see the iPhone fail. Some are direct competitors, others are more indirect ("anything that hurts Apple, helps me" type of thing).

On the other-hand, there are many people/groups, which would love to see the iPhone succeed. So, as the launch date has been growing closer, the volume of stories/articles, analyst's predictions, media coverage and blogging, seems to be exponentially growing. Quite frankly, it has surprised me. When the iPhone was the main focus of January's WWDC, I dreaded joining the MR forum. There was so much hype about everything EXCEPT the phone, I knew the disappointment level would be huge. It was. Since then, however, the momentum has grown. I did not realize there was so much interest in this device.

6. kristiano macrumors regular

I agree. I was actually hoping that the iPhone would get bigger capacity but I guess it's still early.

7. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Yes! I'm tired of it. Sure it's cool and I can see its uses. But it's too expensive, not enough storage, and just isn't for me. Leopard, however, IS for me. I'd much rather have Leopard NOW than an iPhone NOW.

8. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

As an owner of the 1st gen U2 ipod, i would much rather the iPhone format with everything but the phone. Unfortunately losing the phone means you lose the internet connection if no free wifi is available.

An iPhone is not a product of interest to me, as an 80+gb iPod with video I am more than interested.

Although the dimensions are basically the same as the Blackberry I am required to carry for work, I still prefer my Razr as my personal device. It was also at least US$250 cheaper than the iPhone.

Regardless of the manufacturer, I am yet to be convinced that accessing the internet by a cell phone or smart phone is anything more than a pain in the rear end. Hopefully the iPhone will if nothing else get the ball rolling in changing that.

Ultimately I have no use for most of the iPhone's functions and the one function I am interested is crippled by the lack of storage space which means the iPhone will be something to look at when visiting an Apple store but nothing more.