I realize this will be a weird request, but...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pedrocasilva, Aug 27, 2010.

1. pedrocasilva macrumors newbie

I'm buying a iPhone 4, but it just launched here and since I'll carry it outside I think I'd actually benefit from something that makes it look more like a 3Gs than a 4th generation model, since I'm a discreet person and I'm not looking forward to attract unnecessary attention. I also like the 3Gs look and feel better than that of the iPhone 4.

Back when gizmodo leaked the iphone 4 prototype, it didn't came alone it came disguised as a 3Gs, with this:

[​IMG]
    Note: This is a iPhone 4

It also seems very because it is a full protection (minus the screen)

So basically, I know this cover was by Apple themselves to cloak their own secret device, but it seriously rocks and I'd buy one in a hearbeat: No manufacturer did one of these yet? What would the closest thing I could get to match this look?

Thanks!

2. Fiss macrumors newbie

Unnecessary attention? lol. Dude, its a phone. It's not going to make you into a rock star.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Correction. it's more of a ridiculous question that only Dwight Shrute can ask.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

If op's situation is so dire, maybe an iPhone 4 isn't the phone for them.
    I answered OP's question.

5. pedrocasilva thread starter macrumors newbie

See, I don't live in US, there's no enticing plans to make the phone cheaper here so I'll pay for the phone locked what it should cost unlocked. The phone will cost me 779 euros which according to Oanda is $992.5; also for comparison the unlocked version in stores is going for 1299 euros, which is $1654.

It's just how much it costs here; and to help means there aren't many, the initial stock shipment was very low, and like I said I'm a discreet person and there are stories of guys seeing someone has an iphone and following them until they're alone and stuff, I'm not exactly a weak guy but like I said, I'd like to avoid the attention; I don't think it's unreasonable. I've had a iPod Touch since second generation and felt it was time to move on to the real thing after my last iPod Touch, a 32 GB one also got stolen a few months back.

Understand, I don't want it to look like it isn't an iPhone, I simply don't want to carry arround something that'll make me a target. There are a few 3Gs out there already, including those of coworkers so I'd really prefer to give that vibe.
    I'm sorry you think that.
    Thanks for the kind words, that's the same way I feel too.
    Thanks, I didn't want to enter DIY zone but you should be right, I looked into lots of casings already before starting the thread and nothing. :(

6. efardo macrumors newbie

Where the hell do you live that unlocked phones cost that much in Europe? I bought mine for €630 for the 16GB and €740 for the 32GB...

7. pedrocasilva thread starter macrumors newbie

In Portugal, sadly. We've been in the headlines for it too, we're apparently the only ones topping New Zealand's price, to the point we've been in New Zealand headlines like "somewhere has it worse than us!".

I'll pay 780€ for the 32GB version, locked.