Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
well your responses are exactly what I expected. thanks. ban me if you want, dont ban me if you dont want. Ill just keep posting and whatever happens happens.

----------

We have other rules for other situations, maybe you should read them sometime? The insults/name-calling rule is specific to users of the site.

Like all forms of trolling it can be somewhat subjective, as is the level of directness of an insult. Given the information in this thread and the fact that your post was edited not deleted, it's not hard to figure out who the user you are calling an idiot is. We spend lots of time trying to figure out if a given reported post was an insult that crossed the line or not.

Calling an unspecified mod a "poopy head" would probably only rate a reminder of the name calling rule not to call any user a "poopy head", where a more direct version might prompt a warning, TO or ban even without previous reminders. Note that in most threads such a post would be off topic and thus still a rules violation.

EDIT: Please note the following excerpt from the Moderation FAQ.

B

So you dont understand the meaning of the word example? I wasnt call you a poopy head. I was using it as an example to illustrate a point. Also, again you are mixing up 2 things. Mods dont only post in regards to moderation, they post on other things as well. So we are not allowed to have an opinion on mods even if what they are osting has nothing to do with moderation? Again, there is that eletist club. Maybe when mods are not moderating they should have another user account to clarify to other users when they are wearing the mod hat and wearing the poster hat?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
well your responses are exactly what I expected. thanks. ban me if you want, dont ban me if you dont want. Ill just keep posting and whatever happens happens.

Why take this approach? Doesn't it seem better to be respectful of others by not calling them names and being a good member of the community? All we're asking is that everyone be courteous to each other and follow the established rules.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
Why take this approach? Doesn't it seem better to be respectful of others by not calling them names and being a good member of the community? All we're asking is that everyone be courteous to each other and follow the established rules.

All I am asking is for an even handed approach to moderation. You do your part and Ill do mine.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows. This thread is becoming a merry-go-round.

Btw: I used your report a post thingy twice for the same comment and yet it still exists. Just thought i would toss that out there.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows. This thread is becoming a merry-go-round.

Btw: I used your report a post thingy twice for the same comment and yet it still exists. Just thought i would toss that out there.

Please allow us a chance and some time to review them.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It's not instant. If you reported a post that violates rules, give moderators a chance to get to it. This is a very busy forum, so it's unrealistic to expect immediate response to every post report. I find they're usually handled within 24 hours. It's also possible that you may report a post that mods determine is not in violation.

It sounds like you're just continuing this to get attention. You violated forum rules. The moderators did their job. You didn't like it. You try to point the blame to other posts, but you didn't report them. It's a good idea to just read the rules and follow them, if you intend to stay in the forum.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England

And some folks wonder why one of our rules is not to discuss specific acts of moderation in public.

Not only are we supposedly infallible, we are also supposed to be able to act immediately on anything.

Nice.

Just because you haven't seen any public action it doesn't mean things aren't going on in the back room.

B

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Then close the damn thread already. It seems that mods and admins have time to respond to this thread but not to reported posts.

Done. We've done what we can to explain the situation to you. At this point it's up to you whether or not you want to follow the rules, and use the correct channels when you want to discuss something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.