I really don't know what direction I should go?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MauerFan, Jun 11, 2012.

1. MauerFan macrumors regular

I'm starting college in the fall, most likely for economics and I am stuck on which MacBook I should purchase. I'm most likely going into economics or something business related. I'll use office a lot, along with casual browsing, aperture and if I find any other fun programs. I was originally set on the Air, but I love the new Pro. What should I do?! I also would like some screen real estate, that's why I am shying away from the 13 in Air.

edit: here's a typical day of what I would do

I run my own baseball blog so I'll probably try and get a post up now and then. Obviously I'll check my email and maybe facebook now and then. I'll be doing any papers that need to be done, and listen to music.

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

Macbook Air 13" is awesome for portability. Sure if you use aperture and extra money you should go for retina. Is little bit heavier but nicer upgrade.

This is your choice:

Portability or performance?

3. Zauberer macrumors regular

I use a 15" MBP and I find it quite portable and easy enough to carry to classes. The retina is even more portable.

4. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You got two responses, both of which are valid, and yet you feel the need to bump the thread after a little over an hour from the last post. For what you're doing, you don't even need bigger than a 13 inch, but the 15 inch MBP should be fine. Get a refurb.

6. MauerFan thread starter macrumors regular

I just like to see what other people had to say. I think I'm going with an Air after all

7. css136 macrumors member

I'd go with the Air. nothing you're doing requires a macbook pro. 13" is more portable. And you definitely don't need a retina display lol