I really don't know which one to buy, i need some macrumors help!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nevzorus, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Hello, my dear Macrumorpeople and crazy Apple Fanboys. I know that you've seen like plenty of these threads and i'm sick of them too but i REALLY and i mean REALLY need help. I'm interested in buying an iPad 3 in 32 GB, Wi-Fi only but started wondering today about how i actually would use it. In my mind, everything i said was like ''10 movies, yeey! PLENTY of apps, more then 300 pictures, yeey, music!'' but after actually thinking about it, i really won't even have that many things. I want you to help me decide which one that's the best for me.

When i wanted the iPad in 32 GB, i thought about THIS:

200-300 pictures
    more then 120 APPS
    About 20 songs
    10-12 movies
    15 videos

and NOTHING more then that. I thought about it and was like, seriously, i've never had a 32 GB device and this is my first iPad ever, i don't think that i will have so much apps on the iPad because i already have an iPhone with about 80 apps, 43 videos, 333 pictures, 0 songs, 0 movies. I have a iPhone 4 with 16 GB and 5 GB left. I've read about the retina-display in the iPad and that it will take more space then the iPhone. After thinking about it, this is how i'd imagine my iPad 3 with 16 GB.

50-70 pictures
    70-80 or less APPS because i already have an iPhone
    2-3 movies (I'll delete them after watching them, seriously why keep them if you didn't buy and you've already seen it)
    10-15 videos - Maybe not even that? Videos that's like 1 or less minutes long

Help me dear macrumorpeople! Can you help me really decide? Can you tell me what things you have on the iPad?

I'm swedish so my english SUCKS and i'm trying my best.. rofl xD Btw, 499 instead of 599 would really be better because of the money i'd be having left and i can spend those money on other good things and my dad would be happy too.

2. MR1324 macrumors 6502

16GB should be fine for you based on your iphone usage. Since you are planning on having less of everything on the ipad, then you should actually be getting back some space on the 16gb. the increase in app size due to the retina display has been hugely overblown. do you see any threads about it any more? nope, people got worried over nothing.

3. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, would i even have space left for a movie or so? :) Ty for the answer btw, i really appreciate it :D

4. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

The size of everything is what counts. What size are the apps, photos, etc.? You can find iPad app size in iTunes. Just keep this in mind:

1024 MB = 1 GB

So that might help you determine what size iPad you would need.

5. aneftp macrumors 68040

70-80 apps?

Some games made take up over 1gb easily.

Movies take up 500-1.5gb easily.

What apps are u installing. FIFA takes over 1gb

6. Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, i know how much 1024 MB is :D My biggest app in my iPhone is 727 MB large and i've never had anything larger then that.

----------

I know that, i'm pretty good at having the space i need and sort the apps out i think. I really never play games on my iPhone and after realising that, i don't think that i would go downloading games on the iPad that much like i do and did on my iPhone. I won't delete gameapps on my iPhone though because they're the best you can find in the app store and i really like them.

7. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

If the money saving is quite a big deal to you, then get the 16gb and be happy with the purchase :)

You seem like the kind of person who manages what they need well anyway (unlike me, too lazy to delete loads of apps I don't use lol!). The fact that your iPhone has 5GB left along with your proposed usage really suggests 16gb is ample.

8. iMaven macrumors 6502

iMaven

Since you already know about sizing, then deciding which size iPad you'd need should be easy.

9. Nevzorus, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

Nevzorus thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, right now i have EXACTLY 499 dollars to use for an iPad 3 with 16 GB and when i asked my dad if i could buy an iPad 3, he asked me if there were a cheaper iPad then the one with 599. I told him that i wanted the one for 599 and he thought that 100 dollars more was too much and said no. I think he would let me buy the one for 499 though, maybe if i'm lucky. (a)

Hahaha, you made me laugh :D Well, right now i REALLY wanted Apple to make 32 GB the first option so i could buy the 32 GB version without a problem :D

BUMP
    Pretty many has been watching, is there anyone who can answer? :D