I really need email help, please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zowenso, Jan 18, 2012.

1. zowenso macrumors member

I was unable to access my email from my phone all morning or computer (msn directly). I tried to access it from my computer with no luck. I'm not sure if this is a reult of the zappos hacking! On msn.com I kept being told my info was wrong and to create a new password which I couldn't do for about 15 minutes. Finally I ended up changing my password in my msn account on my computer and was able to access my mail. But, now i cant get it from my phone still. I put the new password into my acount info on my phone and it kept saying "user or password for zowesno@msn.com" is incorrect". Im putting the new password in the information and its not working. I ended up deleting my account from my phone, re entering all info and new password, that works online, but im still being told my user name or password are incorrect. I'm a bit worried. Any input would be awesome. Thanks.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

MSN has a lot of servers - you may just need to wait until your password change propagates across their whole service. I'd wait it out for a couple of hours, and see if it just starts working for you.

3. zowenso thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. I made the change around 4 hours ago and have been trying since then. Maybe you can answer another question? When i try to open my MSN email on my phone which option provider should i use? The options are

icloud
    microsoft exchange
    Gmail
    Yahoo
    Aol
    windows live hotmail
    mobile me
    other

I dont see one that says "msn" but when im in my email i see the word "hotmail" although i vaguely remember using the "other" option originally but that was 2 years ago. Thanks.