I really need help, all my info is gone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ColLeff, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ColLeff macrumors newbie

So I plugged my iphone (which I've have for two years) into my mac for the first time. I never bothered with updates because I liked my phone just fine. So I decided to go for the updates and I was pretty sure it was telling me that it would NOT delete everything from my phone, then, it did. I do NOT have my info backed up on my mac... is there anything I can do to make it go back?? I'm desperate!!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. ColLeff thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So did you update your iphone thru the new macs itunes?
    You sure it didnt create a backup before it restored?
    When you right click on the iphone icon on the left inside itunes click "restore from backup" and see if you got any restore backups saved on that itunes library.
    If not you're SOL.

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

If there really is no backup on your Mac, remember that you can re-download for free any apps/iBooks that you've already purchased. Just make sure you're logged into the iTunes Store with the same account that you originally made the purchase with. Go thru the process of buying the apps/iBooks again, and right after you click buy, you should get a window telling you that since you've already purchased it, it won't charge you again.

If you purchased music/video via iTunes on your iPhone, you can write the iTunes Customer Service folks and sometimes they'll let you re-download it for free (even though their posted policy is that you're responsible for backing it up).

6. ColLeff thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah, no back up there, thanks anyways.

Okay thanks that's really helpful for my apps.

7. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Should work for musice too. If not, call iTunes service and I'm sure that they can look up your order history and credit your account accordingly.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

FYI, you can do backups without having to update your phone. Either right click on the phone or hit the sync button on the iphone main screen.
    Whenever Apple asks if you want to update, just click no. If you don't want it to keep bugging you, Apple has a check box for that too.