I really need help choosing a case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scotigno, Sep 15, 2012.

1. scotigno macrumors member

I really want to have case soon. i want the thinnest strongest case but i cant decide which to get. i really don't want an otterbox because they are to big. I'm looking at a life proof case, not sure if they are any good. Can everyone that has a case for their 4 or 4s give me a link to the website of the case you have.

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I have the bookbook case. Works nice, it's a wallet/phone case combination.

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

http://www.casecrown.com/iphone-5/glider/case-black-obsidian

4. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

that casecrown one is pretty sleek looking. that is a case i am going to consider.

5. spacebetween macrumors regular

I've always gotten a case for all my other phones... have just always felt more secure with them and don't like the idea of scratching up a phone, etc. However, with this phone, I might go without a case since it sort of covers up the sleekness and the design.

That being said.. here is a link for some light weight cases. I'd consider one of the clear ones if they were available:

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/apple-iphone/iphone-5.html

6. scotigno thread starter macrumors member

7. WindWaker macrumors regular

I'm looking at Desmay's iP5 case. Looks really sleek, based on the images at least-- hope it becomes available for preorder soon, plus it's super thin.

http://www.desmay.com

8. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

Use code SPC30OFF for 30% off.. thanks to @diode

9. Scoop24 macrumors regular

i love the fact that it still shows the logo in the back. thats a plus for me

10. chele519 macrumors regular

11. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I've had it on my 4S since day one and never had an issue with it..it's hard plastic in case you drop it'll protect the phone and inside there is a felt lining so it protects the back from any scratches. The casecrown logo is starting to fade but that might be from cleaning it a bunch of times. I suggested this case to friends and they love it. For the price and durability it gives i believe it's worth it. I ordered one for my iPhone 5

12. chele519 macrumors regular

Do you have a screen protector with it? I'm trying to decide between the SGP Glas or Ultra Crystal. I've seen posts about some cases making the edges of the protector come up.

13. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I used to have the Zagg IS before taking it off... the front screen protector had no issues the way the case is made

14. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It looks very slick, but it's not enough protection for me.

I want something that's a bit grippy and has a lip over the screen, like my Speck Pixelskin HD.

15. Castle87 macrumors regular

www.grovemade.com

My first time getting so i can't give you a review. I'm getting it purely for the design only. So I don't know how strong it is, etc. i just think it's gonna look fantastic with my white phone.

16. chele519 macrumors regular

Well, I ordered the Ultra Crystal since it was in stock and the glass is shipping in 2-3 weeks. I guess I'lll see when the case arrives but do you mean that the edge that goes around does not touch the screen at all? So if I got the glass would there be a gap between it and the case?

17. roguenode macrumors newbie

Might check out the pinlo slice. I havn't seen one, but am considering a clear or smoke one (when they come out) + SGP UC screen protector.

Slice 3 for 4s

----------

I have a grove case for my ipad3. I get tons of positive comments on it. However, I worry it may crack from rough travel in my carryon bag, so I wrap in a large microfiber cloth. Not to mention I ordered with custom artwork and it took 3 months to get it.

Also, not sure about their phone cases, but the iPad case thickness can be an issue with some headphone plugs.

18. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah