i really need some help teching my mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jenluvsmac, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jenluvsmac macrumors newbie

ok one of the kids in my house spilled milk on my 17" unibody early 2011 mbp. i took out and cleaned the logic board and to my utter delight and surprise it started again. but it is very glitchy, only some of the keys work, there is a large band through the monitor that comes and goes and its making some strange sounds and other things. I took it to an apple repair place and they told me it would by a $900 logic board replacement. now that i have taken the logic board out a half a doz times i think i can replace it myself but it is still costly to buy a new LB. Any ideas besides that?

2. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

Way back when, I used to take my circuit cards / boards to a shop for soaking in an ultrasonic bath to clean them thoroughly. We had a place just for this on the navy base in Pearl Harbor. If you have nothing to lose, you could try this, and make sure it's 101% dry before reinstalling.

3. jenluvsmac thread starter macrumors newbie

your right and i'll give it a try thanks. I am really new at this forum stuff too so im glad you responded wasn't really sure if i was doing this right either. funny everytime i go to do something it seems i have to do a dozen other things to be able to accomplish the "thing" i wanted to do to start with. lol