iPad I really need some help with my new ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kamazaca, Nov 5, 2012.

1. kamazaca macrumors newbie

kamazaca

Hello all,

I just purchased an open item 3rd generation iPad from Best Buy on Saturday to upgrade from my iPad 2. I was visiting a friend in Columbus, OH at the time and it was working perfectly. Now back home and at my office in Cincinnati, it won't connect to any wireless networks. It is saying that the password is incorrect when I know it's not. I even selected "forget this network" on my iPhone 5 and typed in the password again just to make sure I had it correct. How can I fix this problem of my 3rd generation iPad not connecting to any wireless networks? Do you think there is a problem with the iPad itself? Thanks in advance.

P.S. My iPad 2 NEVER had this issue and both that and this iPad are running iOS 6.0.1

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

There have been reports of iPads with hardware related wifi problems. And given that you bought it open box, that could easily have been the reason for return. I'd return it.

3. kamazaca thread starter macrumors newbie

kamazaca

Ok, thanks for your input. Maybe I will try to do an exchange this evening.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

First delete all your WiFi networks, turn off iPad, turn back on. Re-enter WiFi networks.

If that fails...

Back up and do a system restore via iTunes.

If that doesn't fix make an appt w/ Apple Store Genius.

5. kamazaca thread starter macrumors newbie

kamazaca

I'll try that now, well at least the first part since I don't have iTunes available right now. Thanks.

6. tu4thenguyen macrumors member

7. kamazaca thread starter macrumors newbie

kamazaca

I did not state it, but I have done that multiple times. But, thank you and I appreciate your response.