I really think I bricked mine

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andy-V, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Andy-V macrumors 6502

Yes, I have read the threads of "You can't brick the ipod touch". But I manged to get mine so it will not go past the apple logo.

So, I made it go into recovery mode, downloaded the firmware for a restore only to be told "an unknown error occurred". So, it can't be recovered.

That's that then?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

3. Andy-V thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

SIGH...

Ok, go into your itunes folders and delete the firmware update. After that, uninstall itunes, reinstall itunes... dload the package again... if its not 150mb redo it, restore again.

I promise you that will fix it...

also, if you are seeing the apple screen, you arent in restore mode... you need to see the itunes plus connector screen.... to get there PLUG IN your ipod and open itunes, hold down both buttons for 5 seconds and it will reboot... another 5 seconds it will reboot again and then show you the previously mentioned screen...

It will restore at that point

Arisian

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

On mine, it is more like 20-30 seconds. In any case, just keep holding it down.

6. California King macrumors 65816

also dont let go until you see the itunes connection icon on your ipt. Make sure you are plugged into your computer when doing this. It won't work if its not connected. I don't think there is a way to brick your ipt if you're doing it right.

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

true