I Really Want an iPhone/iPod Touch, which one to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SavageLLama77, Sep 12, 2007.

1. SavageLLama77 macrumors regular

iPhone, 8gb Touch, or 16gb Touch. Or, is it even worth buying now because EDGE supposedly sucks, meaning crappy internet? Please help!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

can/will you switch to ATT, if you can then the iPhone is a great phone with more apps, and EDGE is still faster than no internet on the touch when you don't have Wi-Fi. other than that if you are happy with your current phone/service provider get the touch, and if you need a new phone and can use ATT then get the iPhone.

3. Mr. B macrumors regular

They really are different products.

Remember that to "legally" use the iphone you will have to pay for its phone capabilites as well.

If you want a phone, then get the iphone. If you do not want a phone, then get the ipod touch.

Also the iphone is 100 dollars more expensive (although you do get more stuff), so for someone on a budget the ipod touch makes more sense.

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If you have AT&T already, then get the iPhone. If you don't already have AT&T, then decide whether or not the iPhone is worth putting up with a crappy cell provider.

5. savar macrumors 68000

savar

The way I see it, for the $100 difference, you get the following:

1) Phone (obviously)
    2) SMS
    3) Greater internet access coverage area (how often do you go by wifi spots that you are allowed to access?)

Edge sucks (supposedly), but you can unlock the phone for free and take it to Verizon...

6. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Verizon doesn't use sim cards.

7. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Fixed that for ya.;)

8. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Hi,

I was going for the 16 gb touch, but the iphone seemed better. For me the bonus features of the iphone even if it didn't work as a phone were worth the 100$ and half storage [thank god its unlockable now]. I can easily manage to get my favorite movies tv shows an music in 8 gb, actually I have a playlist for my upcoming iphone and its 7.3 gb... My advice will be: if 16 gb is a priority go for the touch, if 8 is more than than enough then consider the iphone, for me the 8 gb touch is rather expensive and offers too little (at least the 16gb has + storage) Hope this helped.

-Victor