I really want to jailbreak again but...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JJBro1, Jan 24, 2012.

1. JJBro1 macrumors regular

I don't want to lose the quickness and stability of my new 4S. Everytime I jailbreak it immediately becomes a little bit slower, apps start to skip, and it becomes unstable. I know I can restore but even when I do it feels the exact same way. Are you guys getting slow down when you jailbreak or is there something that I'm not taking into consideration?

2. kalex macrumors 65816

3. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Mine is fast as ever.

One, stay away from deeply integrated Winterboard themes. It will bog down your memory like no other...but I'm talking really deep customization. Like animations and what not.

Two, usually jailbreaks only start to slow down your phone when APPLE releases new updates for the phone. New updates bog up memory. So for example, lets say iOS 5.3.1 comes out and there is a jailbreak available...you run a higher chance of it bogging down.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I want to drive fast, but I don't want to burn any gasoline.

5. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

My 4s actually is the same with better battery

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I've been jailbroken since Friday on my 64GB 4S and I haven't noticed any slowness or degradation in battery since. It's been the same. I say go for it :)

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

You can always try it if you don't like it restore.

8. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

lol, well said

9. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke for the first time. I too was paranoid because of the slowdowns and whatnot. Well, let me tell you. There hasn't been any difference. And call me crazy but I think my battery life has increased?

No issues. I love the JB. The 4S can handle a lot. It is dual core. :cool:

10. wellok macrumors 6502

No speed issues on my 4S. I'm really picky and would definitely notice if there were.

11. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

the absinthe jailbreak is amazing on the 4S. stable as can be for me. best jailbreak i've seen. ( i think the wait and the pay off account for this.)

12. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

How many times have you JB your 4s?
    You don't want to lose the quickness, but everytime you JB it .......... ?

Finding an exploit in a piece of code so you can aquire apps from other sources has nothing to do with battery life.
    It's the apps you have running that drain the batt, (not the ability to have apps).

13. JJBro1 thread starter macrumors regular

k so i guess I'll take the dive. So absinthe is the one to get huh?

14. Rennir macrumors 6502

Same here. I prioritize speed and stability over everything that a jail break can offer. Sbsettings was too great not to get though :p haven't noticed any slowdown or apps crashing, etc. Only complaint I have is that the respring animation is so unappealing...other than that everything's the same.

15. JAT macrumors 603

www.tesla.com

16. naixed macrumors member

excellent battery life here. However, I am steering away from the tweaks that mod the standard IOS UI.

17. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

is the only one for the 4S ;)

18. /user/me macrumors 6502

A monopoly! a monopoly i tell ya!!

19. Rypac macrumors newbie

Definitely avoid Winterboard. The speed on my 4S halved as soon as I installed it. Then I removed it straight away.

Apart from that, I feel it is even faster after the Jailbreak :)

20. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

hard to believe. the 4s is super fast with wb just add fakeclockup!

21. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

If you are experiencing slowness after jailbreak and then after you remove it i'm thinking it's all just a placebo effect and nothing really changed speed-wise.

But if it did for some reason slow down then go to cydia and uninstall whatever made it sluggish in the first place.

22. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I jailbroke last Saturday and I have been pleasantly surprised! I figured there was nothing to lose as I can always restore and start fresh if I need to. Battery life has been great and speed hasn't been an issue.. If it was I would have already went back to stock... JB!

23. Kayan macrumors 6502

Dude, with the fakeclockup mod and with staying away from Winterboard and other useless cosmetic tweaks, my phone is wayyy faster with the JB, one reason why I JB. I showed my phone to a friend with the 4S and he was jealous how fast mine was. And with SBS gestures, I can double tap to my phone from any app, and tap-hold to my texting app in a sec...also way faster than stock phones.

24. kuwxman macrumors 6502

kuwxman

Agree with the majority. The 4S is as speedy as ever post jailbreak.

25. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

i've had zero problems w/ jb affecting speed or battery. winterboard hasn't done a thing to the performance of my phone either.