I really want to know how to do this...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by angrygolfer, Mar 1, 2008.

1. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

Ok, so this is in no way a ploy to get hits to a MySpace page, it just so happens that I find this really cool and would love to know how to do it.

near the top of this page http://www.myspace.com/anthonycumia

you'll see a video clip of Anthony at his computer and then you see him walk up behind himself. I would LOVE to know how to do this. Can this be done in Final Cut Express? If so, what should I research to do this?

2. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

the only way i can think at the moment that he could have done, in my limited knowledge. and him being able to just do it in his home would be to green screen it. film him at his computer with some green cloth behind him ,then him walking into the room and in his editing software put the video of him walking onto the green screen.
    thats how i would do it, but it is early in the morning and i am not in my best thinking mode.

3. islandman macrumors 6502

I can't think of a better way to do it.

4. angrygolfer thread starter macrumors 6502

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Maybe he has a twin?

Does look like a green screen though

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

6. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

you don't need a greenscreen... with that amount of low light, keying it would be near impossible. Because the camera doesn't move, you just shoot it twice and then crop around the person one of the takes.

7. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

Link took too long to open...

but if the talent is ever overlapping himself, it is more than likely green screen. If the talent doesn't overlap, it could be a simple Crop.

I have examples of this in my Visual FX Promo Reels on my website in my signature if interested.