I really wish Apple would partner with ___ and do ___.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by iMacZealot, Nov 11, 2007.

1. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Who would you like to see Apple partner with and do with them, or do something similar to them?

My first request: Skype. How cool would it be if we could make Skype calls with our iPhones? Or integrate it into iChat? That would be awesome.

Second request: YouTube. Yeah, they've already done a lot with them, but I wish we had a desktop client of the iPhone version of the site. I like YouTube videos in QuickTime over the Flash-based site. Also, if the second generation iPhone has 3G and video recording capabilities, I think there should be an button that sends the video to YouTube. iMovie also needs this feature.

...and that's all I can think of. What's your list?

2. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I wish Apple would get in bed with Sony / Toshiba / IBM and make my 30" iMac pro with my 8-core Cell Processor and Blu-Ray.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I wish Apple would partner with Microsoft and make a half decent mouse.:rolleyes:

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have a feeling Apple with Logitech would work out better, IMO

5. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Of course, they could always go back to the single button mouse. Yes, I'm a purist.

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Meh. I have a logitech right now. The Microsoft mouse I had at work was more comfortable and better built. That's just personal preference though. Either one would be better than the Mighty Mouse at this point.
    Funnily enough, I have come to despise two-button trackpads. They're awkward and prone to cause errors.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Cell? I'll stick with Intel, thanks very much.

(If you actually know what you're talking about, you'll know that the Cell isn't suitable for desktops/notebooks. It has a very specific purpose, and does it very well. But it cannot compete - and wasn't even intended to, despite the hype from Sony - with Intel (or AMD or even IBM/Motorola of old) for general-purpose computing solutions)

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Dell's Latitude / Precision team or HP's nx / nw / xw team. And sell 'Pro' computers with OSX on that that are actually 'Pro'.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I wish Apple would partner with Debbie and do Dallas.

10. iMacZealot thread starter macrumors 68020

Are you ill?

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No, just pissed off.

12. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Neither Dell nor HP has ever made a "pro," or even functioning, computer. They are junkputers that people with no brain buy.

13. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Back on topic....

I'd like Apple to partner with Nintendo and do an Apple TV / Wii console thingy with the option for games via iTunes store and will play old SNES / N64 roms too. A sort of all in one, everything you need entertainment box.

14. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I'd like to see Apple partner with Apple Quality Control for a while. :rolleyes:

15. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Good answer!

I'd really wish Apple would partner with CitiGroup and make my iPhone my credit card. It's already replaced the rest of my gadgets, may as well replace my wallet as well while we're at it.

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Compaq (now HP) Professional Workstations have always been the mutz nutz. Course, people with no brain might blindly deny it.

Hugely powerful and always running the latest and greatest hardware. Who was first to announce a Penryn desktop, oh that's right, HP.

Don't be such a closed minded fanboy.

:rolleyes:
    +1

17. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I really wish Apple would partner with AT&T and do Some kind of Cellphone.

18. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I imagine it's just in the interpretation.

I would think that what you might consider 'Pro' and what I would call 'Pro' differs rather a lot. Which is why we probably have very different careers. I would postulate however that my interpretation might be closer to the generally accepted one ;)

19. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Tell me about it.

:rolleyes:

How about one more?

I think Apple should partner with a DVD maker (any one of them would be fine) and stick a darn DVD drive in the :apple: TV.:rolleyes:

20. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

I wish apple would partner with sonos and make better multi-room digital music system with sonos' current system but apples style and UI.

21. Lone Deranger macrumors 65816

Lone Deranger

I'd like for Apple to buy out Pixologic, make the OSX version of ZBrush the top priority and slowly phase out the Windows version. Like they did with Shake. Turn the tables on those Windows users for a change. :D

22. art4med macrumors newbie

I would like to see Apple couple with Wacom and make a decent, ULTRAFAST-response stylus tablet -- and BIG enough to draw on, not the Newton re-up I hear about.
    Yeah, I know, I know about the Modbook, too, but it is slow to respond.
    Stroke the stylus and wait to see what you just painted.

I feel you on that Zbrush thang. *I'm about to get the VM on Intel version of ZB3-- How does the PC vers feel--? I still have yet to try v.3.0

23. elistan macrumors 6502a

I wish Apple would partner with AT&T and make an IPTV client. I tried AT&T Uverse service for a couple months - the price, Internet connectivity and HDTV service were nice. But the Motorola hardware/Microsoft software DVR was unadulterated rubbish. Utter crap. Can you tell I didn't like it? So I cancelled the service.

My ideal TV viewing experience would be for Apple to make a real DVR, not just a YouTube-steaming, iTunes-viewing console like the AppleTV. Either using IPTV, or CableCard.

24. prsz28 macrumors newbie

elistan

i was thinking the same thing. they already have the set top box!
    i even have a system they could test on, i'm a service provider.

i read somewhere apple employees can not be on this forum.
    where do they go so we/I can post this?

max

25. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

I want Apple to partner with Nintendo and make an all-in-one portable media center. (MP3 player, Internet, basic apps, games).