I received a sign and gave into The Steve

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bozley0621, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Bozley0621 macrumors 6502

I've been eyeing up the iPad for a few weeks now. I'm surprised I haven't been kicked out of Best Buy for playing with one so much. I finally decided to take the plunge last night and buy machine, or iPhone with a 10 inch screen that doesn't make calls, which is how I explain it to people who haven't heard of it YET. I digress; they didn't have any last night and I was so bummed.

Today, I called Best Buy diligently every hour on the hour to inquire if they had received anymore shipments, but was told, "No," every time. I decided to stop into the store on the way home, just to check one last time. I asked the sales girl and she said that they hadn't received any shipments, but that a lady had just returned one. Apparently said woman was very irate that this wasn't a full laptop as she had expected. Don't people read reviews before they plunk down several hundred dollars on electronics?

Her mistake is my gain. I was able to get a 32GB iPad for $540, since it was an open box. After triple checking that I'd be able to return it if there was anything wrong with it, I purchased my new very expensive newspaper and skipped out of Best Buy a happy girl and more awake than I had been all day.

If you're still with me, thanks for reading. :D

2. tripjammer macrumors 6502a

You got an awesome Deal! Welcome to the iPad family!

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did the sign also point you away from paragraphs?

4. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

You got a good deal and are a very lucky girl. Congrats :)

5. TheMadBrewer macrumors regular

Welcome, sister :)

(still an acolyte -- won't be fully accepted to the fold until Friday)

6. Bozley0621 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, sorry about that. I'm just happy.

7. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

You must be joking girl, who cares? The girl is happy, no reason to be a Nazi about it. Goodness

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I was kidding. Slow your roll. An iPad purchase is an exciting thing.

9. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Ah ok, my bad :)

Wish I had gotten a 32 gb iPad for $540! Never thought of asking for open box iPads but I am super happy with my 16 gb nevertheless.

10. patp Guest

11. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

More people need to be called out on this site for not using paragraphs. I agree with Jessica, it is so difficult to read what people are saying when you are staring at a huge blob of text.

12. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

13. patp Guest

I agree but I wouldn't kill anyone over it.

I would leave that up to Jessica. :D j/k!!

14. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

15. elleana macrumors regular

16. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

LOL :D

17. frankjl macrumors regular

18. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

19. Amnak macrumors 6502

Did any one stare at you and pat you back and tell you it was going to be an awesome device???????? That's what happened to me when i went in to best buy, it happened so fast I really didn't notice but, then I caught my self laughing when I got out side because it was the wiredist thing that has ever happened.

20. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I actually got mine today also! Can't put It down!

21. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Congrats!

I'm still waiting for the official release in Canada before I get a chance to play with one. I've been feeling very "meh" about it since the launch up until a few days ago when I was browsing apps on iTunes and realizing there are a few apps that look like they could be very handy... !

I will probably be telling myself, "No, I don't want one, they're too expensive, they're not worth it, don't buy one"... right up until I hand my credit card to the cashier!

22. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

I will probably be telling myself, "No, I don't want one, they're too expensive, they're not worth it, don't buy one"... right up until I hand my credit card to the cashier![/QUOTE]

LOL, that's exactly what i did; went to the apple store just to play with one. Wasn't going to get one, " just didn't need it, way to expensive for a toy". Ended up walking out with one....:eek:

23. tripjammer macrumors 6502a

After I get me 64Gb 3G ipad on Friday, I am gonna but it in my Bubble Candy Ipad Case and take it to work, and show it off.

After that, everybody at work is gonna want one. Hehe!

And then a month and half from now I hope to get a 64 GB Iphone 4G/HD!

Yeah life is good.

I am loving Apple so much! I am still running on a Iphone 3G, so it is time for an upgrade.

24. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the "lady" was the "sales girl" and she decided you wanted it more than she did. Or just so you'd stop calling! (just kidding)

25. Bozley0621 thread starter macrumors 6502

Now that you did mention, I did have 4 sales people staring at me waiting while somebody brought it to me.

@qtx43: This is very possible.