I received Verizon Unlimited data for Iphone today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shockwave78, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

you can still sign up for unlimited data. From what it sounded like also on the phone was that they would sign you up no matter when you were a verizon customer as long as you were previously.

I signed up for a verizon iphone on June 29th, decided i did not want it and returned it on the 30th. After reading around about the future tethering options i decided i wanted it back. So I called around July 6th and the lady said "no i cant give you unlimited data back" . But she also did not have access to deactivated accounts...

I was called today by Verizon's cancellation department and they just wanted to know why i canceled. I told them and then i said i would sign back up if i got the unlimited plan back. He said yes you have 30 days from the day you cancel to get your plan back. I did not want to give him my social so i said i would call back with my cell number Verizon provided me on my order so he could look up my account.

I called back and of course i could not be tranferred to the extension number due to technical problems. So i started talking to a new person, and before i could even mention i was a previous customer(be it only 2 days) i mentioned the unlimited plan and she offered it, i then proceeded with my info from my previous order and she stated the same thing the other guy did. 30 days from when you canceled, but then again i was offered it before even mentioning my previous account to the second service rep!

Worth a try!

The cancellation department, or whatever they may be called, called me from

1-800-523-8573

I did look it up on google as you can also, they are verizon, i just had to be sure before i called :D (plus i did not answer initially figuring it was spam)

2. Shockwave78 thread starter macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I saw that coming :)

Cant really send any pics until Friday when its delivered :)

I have no reason to lie, just telling you guys what happened for me today, believe it or not.

Though i will post pics on Friday for you, it will show my order date as of today.

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Naw just giving you a hard time brotha ;)

I believe you though since the cancellations dept can do basically anything to save a longstanding customer. I already locked in unlimited data with the Palm Pixi on Verizon and suspended service (for 6 months I believe) so I'm using Att until the suspension ends and then I will try out both telco's to see which one is best for me.

4. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

Not true at all. Verizon customer service SUCKS!! I had an issue with them a few months back and they JUST DID NOT GIVE A SHÍT! I even got supervisors on the phone and they did NOTHING. I am glad they helped you out OP, I guess. They haven't done anything for me except take my money.