I "reset all settings" on my JB'd 3GS and everything has gone horribly wrong...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by avsrock90, Apr 24, 2011.

1. avsrock90 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have a JB'd 3GS, my brother a JB'd 3G. We wanted to swap, but I wanted to clear everything off the phones first and start new. Went into to settings > general > reset > erase all files and settings. I did this with both phones.

Each went to the black screen with an apple logo and a progress indicator below, then eventually made it to the black screen with apple logo. And then sat there for more than an hour.

I'd finally had a enough of it, and decided to just DFU them and reupload the JB'd firmware (I'd just upgraded them to 4.2.1 with pwnagetool less than a week ago). Problem is, now when I go into iTunes and try to restore using the custom firmware, iTunes tells me that the iPhone could not be restored. "An unkown error occured (1600)."

Any thoughts on what could be afflicting me?

2. Ponchobot macrumors member

Put your phone in recovery mode with tinyumbrella and do a factory restore and see if that goes well. Then go rejailbreak it and trade phones.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's what happens when you do an "Erase all" on a JB iphone.
    If you're both on AT&T/official carrer and dont care about the unlock you can restore with itunes and jailbreak it again after.

4. avsrock90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input, guys.

Realized that there was such a thing as "pwned" DFU mode. Problem solved. Doh.

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I have done that before and I just held the power key and home button and reset. It went back to stock still jb'd. Had to go back to winterface and apply changes again.