I Respect this Microsoft/Nokia Deal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blakjack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Potentially this deal can bring Apple the competition that's not all about gaining Market Share against them.

My biggest gripe about android is that it is really the only competition that's pushing Apple to innovate, but their OS sucks so it doesn't really force Apple to really check itself the way we want them to.

This Microsft/Nokia deal brings together two Giants that are are great at two different but KEY areas, hardware(Nokia) and software(Microsoft).

Microsofts windows phone 7 SFTWR is down right nice. Was sceptical at first but once I got chance to be exposed to it, it has grown on me. And not only will Nokia bring just hardware to the table but they will be rounding out the ecosystem with location services, cameras, and other important areas.

All in all, I like this partnership to push Apple even further in innovation. Let's see how it goes.

2. wpotere Guest

I like my WP7 phone and as a dev, I can only see it getting better with Mango!

3. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

Window Phone 7's MetroOS is top notch! They just need some better hardware devices with front facing camera's

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

everyone wants a front facing camera, but no one ever uses them...of all my friends with iPhone 4s, iPT 4s, and HTC Evos (probably 2 dozen people at least when you add it all up) Me and one other person are the only ones I know who have ever used it, and each only once, to each other

5. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Nothing is better than choices and competition. I welcome the partnering of Nokia and Microsoft.

6. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

WP7 is the only OS on the market I've used (and I've used them all) that can really match iOS for smoothness and beautiful transitions.

This smoothness really hides any lag from lacking hardware and the transitions make it seem so fluid to use. Real good work on the OS.

They need to update the hardware and I think they can give Apple a good run.

7. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

Definitely nice, but Nokia needs to follow their concept designs rather than current designs if they want to make a dent in the US at least. WP7 looks awesome, but thats not to say its not got a ways to go.

8. Blakjack thread starter macrumors 68000

Blakjack

+1