About three weeks ago I bought a refurb Macbook Air 13" with the RAM upgraded to 4GB. I was really happy with it, it seems like a great machine and I had no intention of returning it. However, there was a news story on Mac Rumors that the prices of refurbished models dropped, and immediately after that was a story about the MBA refresh. I called customer service to see if they would price match the drop, but they refused since it wasn't in stock and they said that the price match doesn't apply to refurbished models. It sounded fishy to me, but I decided to return it and wait for the refresh and the BTS sale. So yesterday was June 8th and still no sign of the refreshed Air, no BTS sale, and it turns out that the model that I had chosen did not get a price drop. Also, I have been thinking about my financial situation, and $1200 is a lot of money for me. Late last night I was looking at the 11" MBAs (too little storage and horsepower), and for whatever reason I looked over at the Macbook Pro refurbished page and saw this model. Macbook Pro 13" 2010 model 2.4ghz C2D 4GB RAM 250GB HDD 320M GPU $899 I really like my Macbook air, but a nearly $300 difference isn't anything to sneeze at. The negatives are that it has a much slower hard drive, it's way heavier, the screen is lower resolution, and it's hotter/louder. However, the GPU and memory are the same, the processor is a bit quicker, and it has about double the storage space, plus the DVD drive and whatever ports. So I started thinking about whether those tradeoffs were worth $300 to me, and it just suddenly made sense to me and I went ahead and ordered it then and there, and less than 12 hours later it's already shipping. So here I am, but I have been planning to buy a MBA for the last few months, and haven't even looked at the MBP until now. The weight and screen resolution are things I can live with, but the hard drive is going to drag a bit. At this point I really just need a functional computer, and I'll likely upgrade to an MBA a few years down the road when I'm more settled. I have two weeks to try it out, but are there any particular issues with this model? Am I making a mistake? Let me know what you guys think.