I reverted back to non-protected screen. How about you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshwithachance, Aug 30, 2010.

1. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

How many of you had a screen protecter on your iPhone 4, but decided to revert back to a naked screen?

I had an Otterbox Defender on mine but now that summer is over and I'm not going to beach/hiking anymore, I don't really need all that protection and am now using my free Pixelskin HD from Apple.

It feels so nice to actually touch the screen again! :D

2. jmacleodpc19 macrumors newbie

Yeah, I had a ZAGG shield, and I tossed it after a couple of days. It felt "tacky" when I would try to scroll.
    Plus, the new iPhone is too beautiful a device to be covered up.

3. joshwithachance thread starter macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I whole-heartedly agree with you. The plastic protecters just feel so cheap compared the screen in it's au-naturel state!

4. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I have to disagree. I have a Steinhill oleophobic on and it's crystal clear, you literally cannot tell it's on in terms of clarity. And, it feels almost exactly like the naked screen, and, well, I don't have to worry about scratching the screen, which would almost certainly happen in a month or 2.

Maybe you guys just haven't tried the right protector yet. Some do feel cheap, or aren't crystal clear, but this one is, as are the powersupport crystals.

5. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Until Apple invents a true finger print resistant screen, I will continue to use anti glare protectors.

6. jgayman macrumors member

I've been using a naked iPhone4 from day-1. I've never been big on protective skin sticky things and.... last time I checked it was just a phone. ;)

7. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Nope. I prefer the extra layer of protection.

8. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Wow, by the sounds of it, the 'expensive' protectors (Zagg, BSE, etc) are incredibly crappy- sticky? Ugh. My $3 protectors from China feel just like a 'naked' screen.

Perhaps you didn't clean the screen properly? I use a microfiber cloth I got from my original iPhone to wipe the screen every time the screen got oily or smudgy. Maybe gunk got stuck to the screen or something?

I had hairline scratches on my original iPhone's screen (which didn't have a protector) after a month of babying the phone so... best of luck :p

9. princesultan macrumors regular

+1

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

If I ever found a screen protector that didn't feel like a screen protector I might consider it.

And if I had a unicorn I'd ride it to work every day.

11. slicecom macrumors 68020

That's the reason I've never used cases or protectors. The glass feels SO much better than the cheap (or even expensive) plastic protectors. Glad to see some are seeing the light.

Protection ruins the sensation. :eek:

12. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Although tempting, I'm sticking with my Otterbox Defender.

13. elvisidal macrumors member

elvisidal

yeah I've never been one for these 'expensive' screen protectors.The $2 chinatown specials work fine.
    I do prefer something though over completely nude

14. ATC macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I've tried various cheap and expensive screen protectors (including ZAGG) on numerous phones and I've always preferred no protector.

That is, until I tried the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. I still can't believe how amazing it is and people can't tell I have one on, it's incredible. I literally can't tell the difference between with or without it and it doesn't use a messy solution to install. It has definitely changed my mind about screen protectors. This is how they all should be.

15. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

I wouldn't want to get it dirty or risk someone stealing it for it's magical powers. I would put it in a case to protect it and disguise it so that only I would enjoy knowing it is pristine. :cool:

16. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

I'm using front and back film protector with bumper. It's better to be safe than sorry.

17. ryguy120 macrumors newbie

+2.

This screen protector is the best it gets. I had Zagg before, and after a week of that piece of crap I tossed it. Went with the Steinhill Oleophobic and couldn't be happier.

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

lol - This must be why I see so few of them!

19. Timechaser macrumors member

With my first two iPhones I used the Power Support anti glare screen protectors and could not have been happier. Since the PS where not yet available when the iPhone 4 came out I tried the Zagg, I could of lived with the Zagg and it's rippled effect on the display if the edges didn't lift up and move around every time I wanted to swap cases or just took a case off to clean the phone.

When the PS were finally available I ordered the anti-glare but after just a few hours of looking at it I couldn't take it any more - I yanked it off my iPhone 4.

I am now using a leather flip case by Belkin and have decided to leave the screen protectors alone. I figure since my case keeps my screen protected when I'm not using it and protects it from scratches when I stick it in my pocket or a bag then I am not going to torture my eyes with the less than perfect view that the screen protectors that I have tried gave me.

I will probably order the PS crystal in the near future because I do like to use non-flip style cases from time to time but for now the screen is well protected and never looked better.

20. aadb macrumors newbie

Never used a screen protector for any of my iPhones, Gen 1 to 4.

I use a case for the back and sides of my iPhone 4, but as when I'm not using it it is in my jeans facing my leg, that's all the protection I need :)

21. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Ain't using any screen protector on the front screen but a gelaskin design on the back and sides.

22. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

My incase protector just came in today. It's brilliant, but I can't help but miss the naked phone.. The steel band with the black glass is so sexy.

23. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Is the screen protector by Xtrememac (Tuffshield) any good? It says the protector is included with case so...

24. nivekr11 macrumors regular

I always use SGP shields. I can't even tell it is on there.