I ruined it

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by halisray, Aug 18, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

So I went to put on the protector film that came with my Dermashot case and ended up holding the adhesive side and now it is all horrible and dirty..

any one else done this lol?

I can just leave it on my screen right until I get my Oleophobics in the mail? A dirty film won't mess up my glass screen will it?

2. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

dont ruin this amazing screen with a screen protective film :(. consider it a blessing in disguise that you ruined it.

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

It shouldn't. You can try to wash it in water. I've noticed most of the time you can wash them and they will still stick. If it's just lint then you can use scotch tape to take it off.

4. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

alright I'll attempt that in the morning.. but other than that - it won't ruin the screen underneath correct?

5. Smacky macrumors 6502

6. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

funny - but seriously, are there other ways to clean it? will running it under water help? I tried scotch tape and even though it did take off some small hairs and flint, there is quite a lot of fingerprints and such - will washing this in water help? will it stick after?

cheers

7. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I wash all my screen protectors in soap and water when I get dust on them during install. In fact, I just installed my SGP Oleo and had to do this about 5 or so times due to dust. I prefer to apply these screen protectors wet. It doesn't make them any less tacky.

8. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

alright ill try that

also how do I get the air bubbles out with ease? I'm terrible with this stuff.

9. xraytech macrumors 68020

Simple!!!

Wash with soap and water and while it's wet apply the overlay. I've done this numerous times and the overlay goes on like new.

10. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Of course because ruining the amazing screen with amazing scratches is much better.

11. detoxguy macrumors member

I really really tried...

I've bought a few different cheapie screen protectors and was never able to get them to install right. I finally bought some logiix brand ones from London Drugs (canadian here....) and got a perfect install of both front and back. I will admit I was pretty pleased with myself, until I used the phone for a bit that is. The amount of finger prints and smudges was too much to bear. I didn't buy the iPhone 4 with the Retina Display to put an anti-glare on it so figured I'd go with the clear. Just can't do it. I pulled them off (wasting even more money on screen protectors) and am going back to my trusty combo...the incipio feather and my old sena ultraslim for my old 3GS. The feather covers the back and when the phone is in my pocket or bag the ultraslim protects the screen.

I'm just hoping the incase snap that is on the way will also fit in the ultraslim. I will just use that until I order an iPhone 4 version of the Sena...

12. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

Later today after work I will attempt to wash the film. And if no success then I will simply use this crappy one until my Oleophobic arrives in the post.