I ruined my iphone using iOS 6. Can any one PLEASE HELP ME?!?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by eaph, Jun 24, 2012.

1. eaph, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

eaph macrumors newbie

I tried to install iOS 6. I am not a developer i did something wrong and now is asking to put in a developer account, i cant restore, put into DFU or anything else. iTunes doesn't even recognize my phone anymore. Can anyone help me?

2. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

What you did wrong was install software that wasn't meant for you :D saying that you will need to download 5.1.1 and do and alt+restore in DFU mode

3. eaph thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont have the restore option on my itunes! How can i do it?

Attached Files:

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

...so you installed a developer buggy beta and didn't even do a backup?:eek: Without a backup there is no way to restore that I know of.

EDIT: Did you follow Futhark's instructions?

5. eaph thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have a backup, i dont get a restore option though because of the developer account.

6. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

right click on the label that says iphone on the left hand side and their will be the option to restore

7. eaph thread starter macrumors newbie

It only gives me the option to Eject iPhone:(

8. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Ok that screen shot shows you haven't went into DFU Mode correctly !!! Google is your friend :D once in DFU mode there will be a Restore Button available. Here you have to press and hold the alt key when you click restore.

You must have the 5.1.1 Downloaded before you do this which you can't do from iTunes at this point from memory as you have iOS 6 installed. Once again Google is your friend and will show you where to get the 5.1.1 IPSW

9. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

I had some issues with the wifi and thought it was my device so I went back to 5.1.1 through DFU and iTunes downloaded 5.1.1 again and installed it. No need to do a shift-restore on mine at least. After it did that it offered to restore my backup

10. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Because I don't have to downgrade I wasn't sure if iTunes would download the latest firmware or not so gave instructions on what to do if not.

Thanks for confirming this can be downloaded again in iTunes.

11. Jase Winter macrumors newbie

Forgot the fact that you are not a registered developer, if you don't know how to do a DFU mode restore you really shouldn't be using developer betas.

12. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

Look guys, this guy here is having trouble with his iPhone. Let's just help him first and lecture him about having fun with a iOS 6 developer build? I'm sure he will somehow learn his lesson.

Ironically, as I'm not a developer. I can't help him. lol.

13. UmbraDiaboli macrumors regular

Hello,

Ok, first of all, you are not a developer. So you should quit your attempts on trying OS 6 (that is what happens to your iPhone when you are not registered as a developer).

To access DFU, plug your iPhone to your Mac, and turn on iTunes. Wait till iTunes recognises the iPhone (or gives you that screen you are hating :) ).

Then press the home and power buttons at the same time. Once the iPhone screen turns black, stop pressing the power button but continue pressing the home button.

Your iTunes will eventually make a sound after 5 seconds and TADA, safe/recovery mode.

Press the restore button to get back to 5.1.1 :)

And please, don't try to get a Beta if you are not a developer, it can get you into trouble.

Cheers,

14. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

That doesn't sound like what he is having?:eek:

15. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

I guess I was getting carried away. Perhaps he isn't? Just wanted to try it out?Guess I would have to take my words back.:eek: Thanks for the feedback.

16. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

Unplug, close itunes, put in DFU, open itunes. Restore.

17. carlosftapia macrumors newbie

Amazing!!!!!

You are my idol right now!!!!! thanks a lotttttttt

18. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

I say watch him squirm.. He did this to himself. Lol

19. brand macrumors 601

brand

His just deserts.