I saw some wierd errors on an iPod Touch.. .

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Star Destroyer, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Hey,

Today i went to Bestbuy and played around with a 16GB touch, it was really nice to use and i loved it, except that safari seemed to produce about 3 errors on every webpage it visited.

There was a little bar under the URL bar that said something like "3 errors on page" or something, when i clicked it it gave me details on a bunch of java script errors.

I have never seen this before (on the other touches i played with at the apple store) i went to the same websites, and macrumours was one of them, along with my university website. Everything got the same type of java script errors.

What is the cause of this? is it because something is not updated on the touch or because that is just what happends? or a certain setting was applied.. it kinda bothered me haha

2. Magsec4 macrumors member

Someone turned on the "debug console" in the settings.

Settings -> Safari -> Developer (at bottom, scroll down) -> turn off Debug Console

it's to help developers make web pages/apps that will be compatible with the iPhone/iPod Touch.

It's safe to ignore these errors because it's not your problem. Normal web browsers on computers also have these "debug consoles" or "error consoles".