Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
MacRumorUser said:
Apple may have just secured a sale that they wouldnt have had done otherwise, what's the issue ? :rolleyes:
bridge ? ego ? time to get over it :p

I guess you're right there... Another sale for apple is always a good thing.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
davidjearly said:
Putting aside the fact that this is a waste of a thread,

I think the person you saw on the train is actually you. And now you are here trying to justify your actions because you actually hate Macs and want to see how we would react or something.

Why would anyone sit with a Mac trying to look 'cool'? I mean, Macs are cool and the OS is awesome and using it is a huge load of fun. But that is all irrelevant to the simple fact that:

Just because you own a Mac, does NOT make you cool.

I am tired of people who live their lives through the hardware they are using or the possesions they have, or the clothes they are wearing...

We are individuals and we are NOT any 'cooler' for using a Mac or OSX, or an iPod for that matter.

Regards, David

no quite the opposite, the whole reason to get a mac in my opinion would be to get a mac and OSX.

I have not actually touched a windows machine for years (unless for work) and have been a linux user since I left windows. I'm also a recent apple convert as I wanted an os that gave me the best of both worlds:

More applications, whilst still maintaining my favourite unix utilities and shells, nothing more, nothing less.

I specifically did that over buying a cheaper windows based machine specifically because I feel OSX is technically better than windows.

OK clam down buddy. It is for this reason that I hate Apple Zealots, now you may look at my SN, and say gee I am an Apple Zealot too. Well I used to be, but I came down to earth. CTFD. Some people actually have to use windows at work, yeah it sucks, but its a reality, so why not buy a dual booting mac instead of owning two laptops? Did that occur to you?

Personally I hate snobbishness, and yes I realize Apple user can be snobby including myself, it still does not make it right. I happen to own a windows PC in addition to my collection of Macs, why you might ask? Games! Why not buy a dual boot machine? Well I would have if they existed when I bought my powerbook G4. Why not get a Mac Pro now for games? Well its twice as much as my PC rig, so no thanks. I still love OS X beyond anything else, windows is bloated crap, all the apps that I have to use in windows suck compared to the mac versions, but I like to game, so I own windows for that reason only.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
what's weirder?
you saw a man who use his computer to the extend that he chooses to, which is obviously more than you did, since as you said, you dont use windows, and he does, aka he better applied his machine to his need... and you think that's the most horrible thing ever

or

after tons of people telling you otherwise, you still feel justified

get over it...
there's the saying floating around "it's too load, you are too old" (or something like that)

well, here's my version.. if you think windows worth nothing more than platform for games, you are too ignorant

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
I saw a bike messenger get his head run over by a truck in Manhattan. Windows on a Mac isn't even a hiccup compared to that.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
iancapable said:
No he was deffo running word in windows, not doing much sort of trying to pose whislt moving his mouse round randomly when people went past him, like randomly open and closing a save as dialog.
Much like what I do at work! :D

And what if that fellow had removed Mac OS X and put Linux on there? Would you have a problem with that? :p

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2004
someguy said:
Maybe he wasn't doing it to look cool. Maybe he just wanted to run his favorite OS on good hardware. Maybe he doesn't care what you think.

God, leave the poor dude alone! I'm sure he wasn't meaning it into absolute seriousness - I agree, games on XP only!

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
harveypooka said:
God, leave the poor dude alone! I'm sure he wasn't meaning it into absolute seriousness - I agree, games on XP only!

Exactly my comments were only meant for amusement. It's not everyday that you walk past someone using a mac and it happens to be in windows.

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
The General said:
Much like what I do at work! :D

And what if that fellow had removed Mac OS X and put Linux on there? Would you have a problem with that? :p

My head would hurt as I would be so torn up about what to think that it would probably explode from not being able to compute! :p

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
iancapable said:
My head would hurt as I would be so torn up about what to think that it would probably explode from not being able to compute! :p

lol!

sudo edit /XII/headexplosion.conf ;) :p :D don't trust the penguins

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom

Attachments

• sandwich.png
    sandwich.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 79

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
My friend bought a white macbook to run Windows and Windows only. She can't stand Mac OS, and that's her decision.

Some schools (dental school at Buffalo) have recommended either a Dell laptop or a Macbook Pro for class, with the intention to use Window's programs. 70% of the dental class bought the Macbook Pro, and over half of those use Windows exclusively. My friend that goes to school there won't even touch the Mac OS.

So to each their own, I don't see what's so horrible about it.

thebeephaha

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Seattle WA
iancapable said:
Well actually he was just running word. Maybe I'm wrong... :eek:

Nonetheless I just thought it weird to actually see someone using a mac with windows.

Wow dude, the majority of Intel Mac users are using it for something or other, be it a windows only app or games. Its not like its crime, get over it. :rolleyes:

All these Window bashers piss me off, use what you like and leave others alone. :mad:

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Some Apple resellers where I live take off OSX, and just install winblows on them:mad: Should I report them to Apple? They know NOTHING about OSX, and just sell macs pre-installed with winblows:mad: :mad: :mad:

iancapable

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
London, United Kingdom
dextertangocci said:
Some Apple resellers where I live take off OSX, and just install winblows on them:mad: Should I report them to Apple? They know NOTHING about OSX, and just sell macs pre-installed with winblows:mad: :mad: :mad:

That's interesting... Doesn't Apple have some sort of crazy licensing that says you can't remove macosx or something?

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I run Windows on my laptop… mostly for AutoCAD and a few games, but I still use OS X too. It's not as if XP is the dark side anymore, even if OS X is superior.

Similar to what MacAddict said when Apple switched to Intel, "OS usage is not a religion."

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Guys it's time to leave the OP alone.

molehill.jpg

mountain. molehill ? you get the point ;) :D

edit : i have edited the first post for an even worse mac abuse tale ;)

I saw some bloke sitting on the train I was on (on my way home) using itunes on the macbook, I shuddered as it looked as though he had lost all sanity. why you ask - well he was listening to Paris Hilton...

It was as if he just bought the mac to listen to paris and look cool because he has a mac...

Why oh why do people actually want to replace TASTE with a crap album like that?

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
I can't believe no one brought this up. If he already owns office for windows, why would he want to buy it again for OS X, when he can just run it in windows. This goes for all other apps that he has already purchased. I'm sure he was a switcher, and was SMART and didn't spend thousands of dollars to re-purchase all his software. This is why apple created boot-camp. To reduce the hidden costs of switching.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
iancapable said:
There are loads of laptop manufactorers that produce the same quality hardware at a cheaper price. Why would you buy a mac to run windows on, when you could buy a toshiba or sony vio (I'm not saying any of these are as good or better), but in my opinion you buy a mac because it's a mac and comes with macos...

Ah well just my opinion.

Perhaps his employment requires he use AutoCAD or 3ds Max some other peice of software not available for OS X, and he just rebooted in Windows to work with it? OS X is probably still installed.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Hmm, I bet he was just running Word natively like some else said. I always run Word in Parallels, the Word for Mac is annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.