I searched but did only I see the ...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by marbles, Jun 9, 2008.

1. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

black ACD on the apple uk site ?

Just towards the end of the WWDC I was browsing the site to see if anything was updated silently and I saw a screen which said " Movies available everywhere" and pictures of a few macs/iPhones and Ipods , they had a black screen behind them ...new ACD maybe...or do I need to search harder and you guys have seen it already ?

2. sharky05 macrumors regular

It doesn't look like an ACD as the base is different, but it is strange why they chose another generic television to put next to all their mac products.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

The black screen is supposed to be associated with the Apple TV, the ACD won't take on a generic black plastic HDTV look.

4. marbles thread starter macrumors 68000

marbles

@sharkey05 - its funny that you say that , I thought it was the bezel that made it not Mac like , it is strange alright & it has been an age since the ACD's got a refresh.

@iToaster - Thats the thing ..why associate a generic black screen next to Mac gear ? , if thats not a clue to something new coming I don't know what is . Maybe the new ACD's (when/if they arrive) will be black.... to follow with the black theme that has presented itself in the line up these last few years , who knows ?