I see no difference between 4.2 and 4.3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mac-converted, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Mac-converted macrumors newbie

I have 2 Ipad 1's in my home and I upgraded to IOAS 4.3 on one of them last evening, and left the other on IOS 4.2. I sit them side by side and browse the web, and see absolutely no difference in the speed in which the pages load. AM I missing something? Anyone else not see an improvement?

I was expecting a big difference, but just don't see any all.

2. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

run the SunSpider test, you'll definitely see a difference there. The improvements are in JavaScript, which should, but won't necessarily, improve general browsing speed.

3. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

the improvements are to javascript sites which the "web 2.0" application like sites use a lot. for example google created a beautiful ipad web interface to gmail but it always ran a bit slow on a pre-4.3 ipad so that it didn't quite feel as nice to use as the native mail.app despite being gmail specific. under 4.3 it is much, much snappier and for some gmail users may now be superior to use than the built in mail.app

4. rkahl macrumors 65816

Try watching movies on your iPad (4.2) homeshared with your computer. Then try watching movies on your iPad (4.3) homeshared on your computer.

5. big samm macrumors 65816