Very nice!

Mine:
iPhone 7 T-Mobile
iPhone 5 Verizon (in the original box)
iPad Mini 1
Late-2013 MacBook Pro 13"
Mid-2009 MacBook Pro 13"
iPod Classic
iPod Shuffle 1st Gen (in a box somewhere)

All Apple devices! I've been all iOS since 2013 and all Mac since 2009. I also work for a school district that is slowly transferring to all Apple devices for faculty and students. My fiancé has a Lenovo ThinkPad, but we rarely use it. He has an iPhone 7 and an iPad Mini 1 as well though he's considering the Surface Book. My parents and brother all have iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks as well. My dad still has a PC for work, but that's company provided. Not surprising for a CPA.

Reactions: eyoungren

BigMcGuire

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2012
California
iPhone 6s+ 128GB in the foreground, iPhone 5 64GB sitting on top of an iPhone 4s 8GB in the background.

17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz if anyone cares. :D

@BigMcGuire. No cases. :D

Am I scaring you yet?
No cases. lol. Simply awesome. Every time I see you post like this it gets me closer to attempting a true caseless adventure. I was very much like you with my 4s and 5 - those phones felt secure in the hand nekkid. The 6s+ tho. That'll take some getting used to. Looking forward to the picture tomorrow.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
How often do you power up your old iPhones or use them? I ask because when I got my 6s plus I kept my iPhone 5 in a box for 6 months (dry location, room temperature). At the time I put it away it was working perfectly and there were no problems with the screen.

When I pulled it out after those 6 months there was a big pink bloom or discoloration on the screen which is permanent. I was curious to know if somehow non-use for extended periods causes problems.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
How often do you power up your old iPhones or use them? I ask because when I got my 6s plus I kept my iPhone 5 in a box for 6 months (dry location, room temperature). At the time I put it away it was working perfectly and there were no problems with the screen.

When I pulled it out after those 6 months there was a big pink bloom or discoloration on the screen which is permanent. I was curious to know if somehow non-use for extended periods causes problems.
Every day.

My specific devices are never turned off. They are simply plugged in to power and then pulled off power whenever I plan to use them.

I'm using the 5 as my "financial" device. I.e., Walmart Pay, scanning receipts, documents to Dropbox, shopping pay, etc. The only thing I can't use it for is Apple Pay so I have to pull out my 6s+ for that. I have an email account set up just for receipts and such on my domain so I forward all those types of email from there.

It's a bit easier walking around Walmart with my shopping list and then using Walmart Pay. Leaves my main phone free for calls and texts. But I have forwarding to my 4s and 5 and my iPad set up from my 6s+ so I can respond to text messages on either of those devices.

I have plans to use the 4s as some sort of network/computer monitoring device. Just going to have to figure out how to work that. Already have iStat on it and I can see my main Mac at home's statistics.

My iPad is a poor man's in-car GPS/Nav system (Google Maps).

Reactions: Retops
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.