I seem to have a bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by one1, Mar 19, 2008.

1. one1 macrumors 65816

When I boot my computer this always comes up in the trash bin. I can quick look it, but when I try to get info it goes *poof*

I cannot delete it no matter how many times I empty the trash. The only way it goes away is by "get info". When I re-open the trash it is back.

When I reboot it is back. So.... how to get rid of this little bug? I haven't really been anywhere but a few major forums so I don't know where it could have came from.

Attached Files:

2. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

Yah this is most likely a bug, did it appear when you first upgraded to 10.5.2

Or sometime after upgrading 10.5.2 OR, did you have this bug BEFORE 10.5.2

It doesnt seem to be a system critical bug (from your explanation) so I would just ignore it... BUT, if you REALLY want it to be fixed, my first suggestion would be re-installing Leopard, or you can just wait until 10.5.3 and hope it goes away then.

3. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll give it a shot, thanks! :) It's hard to search for ;;;;;;o;;;;; ;)

I'm running VM fusion also.

EDIT: Wait, I don't have a recycle bin, I removed it from the desktop and set it to delete everything rather than move to the bin. Hmmmmmmmmm.

4. one1 thread starter macrumors 65816

It was windows, but.....

OK, it wasn't the recycle bin that was messing me up and giving me this weird bug. (I don't have one on my desktop and my files auto delete - I hate icons on my desktop). It was what remained in the temp files. For anyone else having this issue simply go to System tools and run disk cleanup. Check the temp files box. The temp files cause this bug.

It'll instantly clean it up in a second and this bug will go away. :)

Hope his helps. :) Lemme know how it goes for you if you have this issue.