I sent my iPhone 5 in for battery replacement program and the guy came out and said

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 12, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

That he has ordered a new phone and it should come in 3-5 days ?
    I am confused..He replaced the battery but itunes wouldn't let him restore and there was A LOT of people there today so they wouldn't have the exact knowing of what was going on. The phone turn on and everything...the screen and all but it wouldn't restore and he said that he ordered a new one and when it comes he will email and we just turn in the one he tried fixing.
    But it's under the battery replacement program for iPhone 5 the one of the recalls.

So is it normal for them to order a refurbish iPhone 5 ? But yeah he was sorry that he couldn't fix it so instead he ordered a replacement unit.
    I hope it wasn't a joke... Has anyone had any experience like this ?
    He didn't give us a recipe but he did say he did paperwork and that they would call in 3-5 days or something. I hope he didn't dope us.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There have been several incidents where the Genius broke or rendered unrepairable someone's iPhone while servicing it and they had to hand out a replacement.

You're fine. Although I'm not sure why they didn't have a white box replacement on hand.

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

dupe not dope.

Anyway you should have received a receipt or something. How else do you prove what happened? It sounds shady I'll be honest.

4. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

He did have a white box with some sticker on it but he didn't give it to us..
    In this instance...If they don't give us the replacement iphone after telling us that he did paperwork ? Can you report it to Apple or they have camera for evidence?

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

An empty white box? That's just for returning a broken device back to Apple. It sounds like they ran out of actual replacement iPhones and had to order it.

6. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

7. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

He said he did paper work to get them shipped to the store.
    I believe many people had the same issue or that they didn't have the part ready so I guess he preferred to have a one shipped. Saying he was sorry that he couldn't find any part or a spare phone... something like that.
    Not sure but I hope they don't come up with some excuse.