I sent my MBP in for repair, what should I do next?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheShinyMac, Jun 16, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Now I'm waiting for Apple to send me the shipping box! Should I take pictures of the MBP before its sent off? I have seen threads when it returns damaged! What else should I do remove the password? I sent it in for dead pixels, cracky hinge, and a broken key!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Just put a note in the box about the current condition of it. Also you should call Apple and ask them to put a note on your account of the current condition so it comes back that way but please be honest about it. :)

3. NStocks macrumors 65816

I have just dealt with Apple and thier Service Providers (in the UK). I told Apple over the phone all of my issues, then when the technicians received it, they too contacted me to ask what the issues were. Apple should have asked about the condition of the unit i.e any scratches, but it may be an idea to photograph it.

You probably don't need to write a note about the issues (though it wouldn't hurt to) as they have everything on their systems and they will most likley ring you up anyway.

If you need any more info, feel free to PM me or check out this therad http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=911074, but there are 10 pages!

Are you in the UK? Do you know where Apple are sending your unit. What model is your Mac?

4. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I will call Apple, however this is in perfect condition but I see what your saying about being honest! How can I prove these photos are legit if something arrises?

5. NStocks macrumors 65816

Ummm, maybe print out your name or serial number next to the Photo's? I'm sure Apple will belive you though. I told them that after my Mac was repaired that they had scratched the case but they didn't ask for photos. (they are now replacing my Macbook Pro because of heat related issues that were not fixed after the logic board replacement, plus other incidents but the scratched just topped it all off :rolleyes: )

I wouldn't get too worked up about proving your photo's are legit, as long as you tell apple the condition and stress that you have taken good care of it etc., they are fairly inclined to believe you, Photo's just back this up though. (because why would you purposely scratch it having told Apple it's in perfect condition)