I shake the phone and hear something inside

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nporteschaikin, Jun 30, 2009.

1. nporteschaikin macrumors newbie

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Are you sure the rattling is not coming from somewhere else? Try shaking you hand without the phone and see if there is a sound.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

4. celticpride678

Does it sound like it is hitting something else? If yes, go to Apple and have them take a look.

If not, then it is probably supposed to be like that:p

5. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

It's always the silent ringer switch :)

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

This has been covered a few times one here already. It's the autofocus camera. If you continuously tap the back of your phone with the camera app open, then touch the screen to focus on something, you can here it stop rattling for a second or two.

7. nporteschaikin thread starter macrumors newbie

It only happens sometimes. Someone with a 3GS: try shaking the phone slowly.

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The problem has already been diagnosed. Read your own thread, please. We've done as much as we can through the interwebs.

9. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

How do you know that this is the problem though? I had a similar problem with my 3G, where I could hear something rattling inside, but only sometimes. It would cause the phone to randomly lock or turn the volume up/down. I got it replaced.

Perhaps it is just the camera, as I haven't played with a 3GS, and haven't been able to shake one, but you shouldn't say that it's nothing as a fact, as there could be something wrong.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

As I said before. None of us here can physically touch the phone. We've given as much of a diagnosis as possible given the circumstance.