"****, I should've just stayed home."

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Anyone had times where they said that?

Today, it was really nice outside, so I decided I'd go do some food shopping. I never do food shopping during the weekends because the stores are always crowded full of annoying people getting in my way (not their fault, but still).

But stupid me went anyway. Turns out there's construction around the front of the supermarket so I had to go the long way around. Once in, of course it's crowded.

But I got my things, and got out... then realized my sunglasses aren't on the front of my shirt anymore. ****. I went back inside, knowing full well that I ain't gonna find it. Of course I looked, and it ain't anywhere to be found. It probably fell off when the fourth or fifth person walked in front of me then suddenly did a 160, forcing me to halt avoiding into colliding into them.

****. It wasn't some cheapass $10 sunglasses, neither.

I should've just ****ing stayed put and work on my outline and procrastinating like I planned to do.

/rant

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Sometimes it is best to listen to one's self. :)

3. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Know the feeling.
    I stayed in today and tried to get a bunch of work done.
    Might as well gone out...

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

totally know the feeling. but hindsight is 20/20. it happens. just live for the day/moment and dont let these things drag you down.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Not so much a "shoulda stayed home" moment, but my Denon A/V receiver just bit it big time. Urgent run to Ultimate Electronics, because I'm back out on Monday, and need to get this done most skosh.

I HATE spending money in a hurry.

6. c073186 macrumors 6502a

Yeah this happens to me all the time. Basically everything I do I wish I'd taken the other course of action. If I go out, I tell myself I should've stayed home and relaxed. If I stay home and take it easy, I tell myself I should've gone out and gotten something done or done some homework. Like PlaceofDis said, hindsight is 20/20 - there is no way you would have reasonably known what would happen. Only possible takeaway from the experience is to manage your eyewear better (maybe a pocket?).

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Back on Sunday I had an SVT and some nerve problem with my arm. Which is usually okay but I was halfway through a hike!

Ah well. I've stayed around the house now recovering for the past week so I got my wish.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If you stay home, you won't have as many adventures. And disastrous adventures, once they are over, make the best stories and the best forum posts. So don't stay home!

My cases of "shoulda stayed home" are usually a result of the horrible traffic in Los Angeles. Example: the evening we decided to go out to dinner and ended up stuck in traffic for most of an hour trying to go 5 miles. We shoulda stayed home, or walked.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yea, I hate that, go out, and while your out things don't go as planned.

It sucks, buts it bound to happen

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

A few weeks ago I got a flat tire while out cycling. After I fixed the flat it started to rain and I was an hour away from home.

A few weeks before that I was out cycling and another cyclist cut me off which sent me flying over my handle bars at +20mph.

A few weeks before that I was snowboarding, took a big fall and got a concussion.

But as Dr. Q said, adventures suck while yer having them but they do tend to make the best stories. :D

Lethal

11. BengalDuck macrumors regular

A few weeks back, I went to the bar with some friends of mine who were in town.

Granted, I hadn't seen some of these guys in 6 months or so as they're off at school further away. But, I was going on a week-long road trip with them in just a couple of days so it wasn't like I was really going to miss anything.

Anyways, I had my trusty fake ID taken away from me by the bar man (I'm 20 and turn 21 in a couple of months).

In hindsight, I was already drunk and had stuff to do the next morning. I wasn't even planning on getting a drink at the bar so I wish I hadn't gone.

12. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

13. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Much beer...can't see straight....mad scene...glad I didn't stay home...

14. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

I have children, count yerself lucky you have the luxury of freedom to go where you want when you want.:D

15. mintlivedotcom macrumors regular

Very true. But, shame on me for complaining.

16. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Ohhhhh yes. I went into work the other Saturday (My only day off) to help out, but everything I touched just turned to ****.

I totally should have stayed home that day.

17. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I always find something good, even if it's a generally crappy day out.

No I am not Julie Andrews.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I feel for you. I lost my favourite pair of sunnies at the beach last week. They're from Dirty Dog, so they're not worth more than $120, but they were the best sunglasses I have ever owned, and cost me $40 on sale. I loved them. Anyway, I got drunk, went swimming in my boxers with 6-7 friends at 8 PM (it's almost winter here), and they got lost in the waves.

Beautiful night, though. :eek: It was cool, but nice.

I just bought a new pair of Serengetis on eBay to replace them. Only around $100 US dollars, and they're boootiful.